Degrees - Science and Math
Science and Math - Associate of Arts Degree Area of Emphasis
Courses in the Science and Math area develop an understanding of mathematical and scientific methods and knowledge. Continuing study in science and math will prepare students for a wide range of careers in technology, the health field, education, research, engineering, and business.
Some university majors within Science and Math include: Accounting, Astronomy, Biology, Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Ecology, Education, Engineering, Marketing, Math, Medicine, Microbiology, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physics, and Veterinary Medicine.
PROGRAM LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Design and apply the process of science to address a hypothesis.
- Find, select, evaluate, and communicate scientific information present in primary research literature, mass media, online, or other sources.
- Adequately explain thinking and mathematical processes, and justify mathematical solutions effectively and accurately.
Requirements for the Degree
All courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
Select at least 18 units from the following courses. At least one course should be a science course and at least one should be a math course.
- ANTH C185
- ASTR C100, C100L, C102, C103, C104
- BIOL C100, C101, C105, C120, C210, C220, C225, C283
- CHEM C100, C105, C110, C130, C180, C180L, C185, C185L, C220, C220L, C225, C225L
- ECOL C100
- GEOL C105, C105L, C115
- MRSC C100, C100L, C105
- MATH C100, C103, C104, C106, C115, C120, C140, C150, C160, C170, C180, C185, C280, C285
- PHYS C110, C110L, C120, C125, C185, C280, C285
|Subtotal for Area of Emphasis||at least 18.0|
|Total for Degree||60.0|
Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure
Use the link below to view Coastline Community Colleges Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure for this program. These reports provide you, the student, with important information regarding the costs, benefits, and potential employment options of our degree and certificate programs.Gainful Employment Disclosure