Institutional Research, Effectiveness, and Planning
The Coastline Department of Institutional Research, Effectiveness, and Planning supports the planning and decision-making efforts throughout the college by providing data and information for managing and maintaining the quality and effectiveness and encouraging continuous improvement of academic programs, academic and student support services, and administrative services.
The office also provides information that is mandated by external accrediting agencies and legislative bodies and serves as a primary source for information on institutional effectiveness at Coastline Community College.
Research Statistics & Reports
- 2016 CCCCO Scorecard
- 2016 Department of Education Scorecard
- 2011-2016 Educational Master Plan Strategy Tracking Tool
- 2015 Fact Book
- 2016 Fast Facts
- 2016 Accomplishments Snapshot
- 2015 IPEDs Report
- 2015-2016 KPI Scorecard
- CCCD Institutional Effectiveness Report 2013-14
- Institutional Effectiveness Partnership Initiative (IEPI) 2016-2017
- Student Equity Plan Research Report 2015-2016
- Student Learning Outcome (SLO) Report Generator
2016-2020 Educational Master Plan
Coastline Chronicle of Institutional Effectiveness (CCIE)
Planning and Accreditation Newsletter
State and Regional Resources
- California Association for Institutional Research (CAIR)
- California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office -- Data Mart
- California Community College Scorecard
- California Department of Education -- K-12 (Data Quest)
- California Postsecondary Education Commission
- CPEC Transfer Pathways
- California State University -- Analytical Studies Data Library
- The Research and Planning Group (RP Group)
- RAND California Community College Enrollment Statistics
- Student Right to Know Trends - (California Community College Transfer and Award Rates)
- University of California -- Statistical Tables on Student Enrollment, Degrees Conferred & Personnel
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education
Federal and National Resources
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) Research
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR)
- Department of Education Scorecard
- Education Commission of the States
- Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC)
- Integrated Postsecondary Education System (IPEDS)
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA)
- Office of Vocational and Adult Education, U.S. Department of Education
- School Matters.com (K-12 student performance data)
- Society for College and University Planning (SCUP)
- Survey Development Best Practices
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Department of Education
Institutional Proposal Review Board (IPRB)
The Institutional Proposal Review Board (IPRB) reviews research projects that involve human participants to uphold two broad standards: first, that participants are not placed at undue risk; second, that they give uncoerced, informed consent to their participation.
With representation from a wide range of disciplines and from outside the academic community, the IPRB gives prompt but individualized attention to the numerous research projects at the university.
If you are interested in conducting research at Coastline Community College, please submit IPRB Review Form and associated documentation (outlined in the IPRB Form) to Dr. Aeron Zentner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact the Coastline Community College Department of Institutional Research, Effectiveness, and Planning by e-mail. Contacts are listed below:
Aeron Zentner, D.B.A.
Jorge R. Sanchez, Ph.D.
Shanon Gonzalez, M.A.
Senior Research Analyst
Raissa Covit, M.A.
Darian Aistrich, B.A.
Grants and Planning Coordinator
Daniel Pittaway, M.A.
Joshua Levenshus, M.A.
Program Review/ SLO Coordinator