Institutional Research, Planning, and Effectiveness
The Coastline Department of Institutional Research, Planning, and Effectiveness supports the planning and decision-making efforts throughout the college by providing data and information for managing and maintaining the quality and effectiveness and encouraging continuous improvement of academic programs, academic and student support services, and administrative services.
The department also provides information that is mandated by external accrediting agencies and legislative bodies and serves as a primary source for information on institutional effectiveness at Coastline College.
- Core Course Mapping
- Enrollment, FTES, and Section Count
- Enrollment and Resident FTES Comparison
- Extended Learning Division: Enrollment and Unduplicated Headcount
- Face-to-Face General Education Course Offerings
- Fall 2017 Weekly Enrollment
- Fall 2018 Weekly Enrollment
- Headcount by Zip Code
- Scheduling Preference Spring 2018
- Spring 2018 Weekly Enrollment
- Weekly Waitlisted Status
- Institutional Student Learning Outcomes
- Program and Department Review Cycle
- Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Student Learning Outcomes Reporting Schedule
- Annual Transfer Data by Units Completed at Coastline
- Course Sections by Subject
- Course Success
- Degree and Certificate Attainment by Year and Major
- End of Term Retention
Research Statistics & Reports
Planning and Accreditation Newsletter
- Research Request Form
- Data Cube Manual
- Survey Development Process
- SLO Cloud
- Student Learning Outcomes (SLO) Refernce
- Student Learning Outcome (SLO) Report Generator
State and Regional Resources
- California Association for Institutional Research (CAIR)
- California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office - Data Mart
- California Community College Scorecard
- California Department of Education - K-12 (Data Quest)
- California Postsecondary Education Commission
- CCCCO Pathways Launchboard Login
- CPEC Transfer Pathways
- California State University - Analytical Studies Data Library
- The Research and Planning Group (RP Group)
- RAND California Community College Enrollment Statistics
- Student Right to Know Trends - (California Community College Transfer and Award Rates)
- University of California - Statistical Tables on Student Enrollment, Degrees Conferred & Personnel
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education
Federal and National Resources
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) Research
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR)
- Department of Education Scorecard
- Education Commission of the States
- Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC)
- Integrated Postsecondary Education System (IPEDS)
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA)
- Office of Vocational and Adult Education, U.S. Department of Education
- School Matters.com (K-12 student performance data)
- Society for College and University Planning (SCUP)
- Survey Development Best Practices
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Department of Education
Institutional Proposal Review Board (IPRB)
The Institutional Proposal Review Board (IPRB) reviews research projects that involve human participants to uphold two broad standards: first, that participants are not placed at undue risk; second, that they give uncoerced, informed consent to their participation.
With representation from a wide range of disciplines and from outside the academic community, the IPRB gives prompt but individualized attention to the numerous research projects at the university.
If you are interested in conducting research at Coastline College, please submit IPRB Review Form and associated documentation (outlined in the IPRB Form) to Dr. Aeron Zentner at email@example.com.
For more information contact the Coastline College Department of Institutional Research, Planning, and Effectiveness by e-mail. Contacts are listed below:
Aeron Zentner, D.B.A.
Jorge R. Sanchez, Ph.D.
Shanon Gonzalez, M.A.
Senior Research Analyst
Raissa Covit, M.A.
Institutional Effectiveness Analyst
Darian Aistrich, B.A.
Grant Development Specialist
Daniel Pittaway, M.A.
Joshua Levenshus, M.A.
Program Review / SLO Coordinator