Coastline Foundation Scholarship Application Window is Closed
The Coastline Scholarship application is no longer available. Scholarship award information will be made available here as soon as the awards are finalized. Please check back soon!
Scholarship Workshops will be offered in the spring of 2016 to assist students with the scholarship application. Scholarship Workshops will be held at each of the four locations on Friday, January 15, 2016 and Friday, February 26, 2016:
|Garden Grove Center||9-10am||Room 206|
|Le Jao Center||11-12 noon||Room 215|
|College Center||1-2pm||Room 412 (Assessment Center)|
|Newport Beach||3-4pm||Room 328|
Coastline Community College Foundation is committed to ensuring the continued success and support of our students by sponsoring an Annual Scholarship Campaign. Scholarships are made available through the generous donations of Coastline Community College's Foundation, Associated Student Government (ASG), faculty, staff, community organizations and private donors. Scholarships are awarded to applicants on a variety of factors, such as academic achievement, financial need, community involvement, volunteerism, program major and more. Unlike some other forms of financial aid, scholarships do not have to be repaid. However, unless otherwise stipulated, recipients are required to submit formal thank you letters to the scholarship donors, as well as attend the Scholarship Awards Ceremony on Thursday May 5th, 2016.
General Application Criteria
Qualified candidates should meet the following minimum criteria:
- Enrollment in at least five (5) units at Coastline Community College during the Fall 2015 OR Spring 2016 - unless otherwise stipulated.
- Completion of at least five (5) units with a letter grade at Coastline Community College by the end of the Fall 2015 semester.
- ASG Merit Scholarship recipients must have paid the College Services Charge, unless otherwise stipulated.
- A minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average (GPA) from Coastline Community College for any other scholarship - unless otherwise stipulated.
- The majority of scholarships awarded are NOT based on financial need.
- Only Coastline Community College and High School transcripts (for applicants who are current high school students) will be considered for academic requirements for a Coastline Community College scholarship.
- Acceptable academic progress at Coastline College (students on probation or suspension are not eligible).
- Any student on disciplinary probation will be ineligible for a scholarship.
Selection Factors and Application Information
Scholarship recipients are selected by the Scholarship Selection Committee, whose members include administrators, classified staff, faculty, and Coastline Community College Foundation Board members.
Factors for selection can include academic achievement, service and leadership, college and community involvement, and/or financial need. Applicants are required to submit a Scholarship Application and must be enrolled at Coastline in the fall and/or spring semester during the year in which they apply.
The Scholarship Selection Committee will review Coastline college transcripts, only, in determining eligibility. With the exception of applicants who are applying for scholarships available to both current High School students and Home Study students. These applicants will be required to provide documentation validating their qualification(s) for the award, such as High School Transcripts. High School and Home Study students will have the opportunity to upload these documents prior to submitting the application.
The Scholarship Application is completed online. If there are circumstances that prohibit you from applying online, please contact Celeste Ryan at (714) 241-6214
Current 12th Graders Applying for Scholarships
Coastline has scholarships available to incoming high school students majoring in Business or Science-related degrees. The scholarship applicant must be a current 12th grader, who intends to enroll at Coastline in the upcoming fall semester, in order to qualify for these scholarship opportunities. Eligible students must first apply to Coastline Community College by completing the OpenCCC application at www.coastline.edu/apply. Once the OpenCCC application is processed, students will receive an email confirming the submission of the application, and then receive a student ID number and log-in information to their MyCCC account. The login details to your MyCCC account will be the same log-in credentials needed to log-in to your scholarship application. If you have any questions related to this process, please contact Ashley Lopez at (714) 241-6154 or email email@example.com.
The APIASF Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program
The APIASF Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is a collaboration with AANAPISIs and the communities they serve to provide scholarships, expand institutional capacity and mobilize local resources to help foster economic development. The APIASF AANAPISI Scholarship is available annually to students attending APIASF AANAPISI partner campuses. The scholarship award varies from $2,500 - $5,000. Please visit www.apiasf.org/aanapisischolarship.html for more information.
Avoid Scholarship Scams:
Please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/types/scams for information on how to protect yourself from scholarship and financial aid scams and identity theft.
- A Place for Mom Senior Care Innovation Scholarship
- American Advisors Groups College Scholarship
- American Bullion Scholarship
- Army College Benefits (PDF)
- Army Reserve Scholarship Funding (PDF)
- Asian Women Entrepreneurs (A.W.E.) Scholarship
- Barber City Women's Scholarship 2015
- CIC Annual Scholarship Fund for Disabled Verterans
- City of Newport Beach Scholarship
- Concussion Awareness Scholarship
- Cyril Smith Scholarship
- EdU Scholarship
- Educational Scholarship
- eLearners' Military Scholarship
- F. C. Tucker Scholarship
- Global Health Nursing Scholarship
- Have a Heart Wireless Scholarship
- Hispanic Education Endowment Fund
- Cleaning Checklist Design Scholarship
- Jackson Family Scholarship Fund for Nursing
- Johnson Attorneys Group Scholarship Video Competition
- Katz & Phillips single-Parent Scholarship
- Katz & Phillips, P.A. Ashley Rose Honorary Diabetes Law Student Scholarship
- Marines Memorial Association's 2016 Veterans Scholarship
- Margaret E. Oser Scholarship
- Masters in Psychology Guide Scholarship
- The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship
- National Hispanic Business Women Association (NHBWA)
- Small Pet Select Scholarship
- The Excel Builders Scholarship
- The Frank M. & Gertrude R. Doyle Foundation Scholarship
- The Mensa Foundation's U.S. Scholarship
- Thermo-Scientific Pierce Scholarship Program
- Virginia Smith Trust Scholarship
- Wholesale Halloween Costumes Scholarship
- Women of Opportunity Award, Soroptimist International, Laguna Beach Chapter (PDF)