College Readiness Program
To build and refresh skills for college success.
What is College Readiness Program?
- Nervous about your upcoming math or English class?
- Are you enrolled in a class that seems overwhelming?
The College Readiness Program can help! Work at your own pace online in this free program to build and refresh your math and English skills to help you succeed with confidence in your current and future classes. The program is completely free and open to all current and future Coastline students!
In the College Readiness Program, students complete a diagnostic that personalizes each student's study path. They will never have to repeat lessons they already know, and they won’t be rushed into exercises they’re unfamiliar with. Students can build their math and English skills and become prepared for classes that transfer to the UC and CSU systems.
College Ready Events
Throughout each semester, we will hold in-person workshops where you can build your math and English skills. To reserve a space in our in-person workshops, please complete the In-Person Workshops sign-up form or e-mail us at email@example.com.
College Readiness Program Workshops offer a designated study space. Please plan to attend each meeting of the workshop. Browse upcoming events by campus:
What does the College Readiness Program cost?
Coastline pays your EdReady subscription cost, so the program is provided to you absolutely free.
Who can sign up for the College Readiness Program?
- Any current or future Coastline College student
- Middle and high school students preparing for college coursework
- Entering college students who want to keep their skills fresh over the summer
- Returning students who have not practiced their skills for some time
- Current students who want extra practice to keep up or keep ahead
When should I sign up?
You can sign up at any time! The online program is available online 24/7 and is accessible for up to a year at a time. The best time to sign up is during the summer before you take the class you are preparing for, but you can also sign up after you've begun a class or any time you want to refresh your skills.
How long will the College Readiness Program take?
You'll begin with a diagnostic, but the total time depends on the student. Each unit in the program will give you an estimate of the amount of time it will take to complete. We recommend using this estimate to plan when you will practice your skills in the program.
What is EdReady?
EdReady is an online program designed to help students master math and English skills. Coastline College uses its own EdReady page.
What are the computer requirements for the College Readiness Program?
You need a computer and an internet connection!
- More specifically, you need Microsoft Windows 8.1 or higher or Mac OS X v10.11 or higher, as well as a browser such as Internet Explorer 11.0 or Edge, Mozilla Firefox 50.0 or later, Google Chrome, or Safari 9.0 or later.
- You will also need a high speed internet connection such as DSL or a Cable Modem to access the site at its best quality.
- If you are a current Coastline student, you can find all of this on any Coastline computer in your classrooms or study areas or by attending one of our on-campus workshops.
Will EdReady work with my Chromebook?
Yes, but keep in mind that Chromebook does not have a hard drive, so some browser actions may be limited. Also, some older Chromebooks may have hardware conflicts.
- The program will NOT be supported by Acer Chromebook C710-2487 (Manufactured in 2013)
Does the program have an app? Can I use my mobile device?
EdReady does not offer an app and can only be accessed through a browser. The program can be used on most mobile devices, but certain features may be more difficult to use. We suggest completing work for this program as you would when studying for a class - in a comfortable, quiet place with the ability to take notes or work out problems, so be sure to have paper and a pen or pencil.
What do I do in the College Readiness Program?
When you sign up, you will be given a goal key (access code). Once you log-in to EdReady, you will answer a few diagnostic questions to help the online program create a personalized study path. Your study path will include videos, textbook examples, and more to help you understand the material. Then, you can test your knowledge as you progress through the program.
Does the College Readiness Program guarantee I will pass my next class?
No. Doing well in the College Readiness Program means that you have mastered the skill set that will help you to succeed in a transfer-level English or math, but it does not guarantee a high grade or success in any particular course.
What will happen to my data?
Data will be used to assess the program's effectiveness at preparing students for success in their Coastline classes and beyond.
Will I earn college credit for participating?
No. This program is NOT a course, and it does not grant credit. It helps students develop the skills they need to go into their transfer-level courses prepared and ready to succeed, which can prevent retaking a class or taking additional classes.
What if I have questions or would like tutoring?
- For questions about signing up for or using the program, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’re looking for help understanding some of the material you're studying, you can use the "learn" button in that lesson for more information
- For tutoring services, reach out to Coastline’s Student Success Centers at email@example.com.
Don't see your question here?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.