Creating knowledge and opportunities for student transfers to any four-year institution.
Our mission is to provide students with information and knowledge to make decisions on their educational goals and services to successfully transfer to four-year institutions. Through the use of technology, the Center will provide up-to-date information, materials, and resources accessible to all College students to become experts in their transfer goals.
Transfer Center Video Appointment
Schedule a video appointment:
To schedule a video appointment with the Transfer Center please call the Transfer Center Office at 714-241-6171.
**A confirmation email will be sent to the email address that you provide.
Video Appointment Software Requirements
Desktop PC and MAC Meeting Requirements:
- The latest version of Chrome or Firefox should be used (Do not use Internet Explorer)
- The web camera should be ready and activated
- Computers should have a built in microphone or have a headset with microphone ready
Android and Window device Meeting Requirements:
- Use Chrome
- Have your web camera ready and activated
- Have a headset with microphone ready – your cell phone headset will work great
iOS – Apple Device Meeting Requirements:
Currently iOS devices can "knock" on the door, instant chat, and schedule a meeting with their handheld device through Safari and Chrome browsers. There is no need to download and install an application. The video meeting portion of Cranium Café is not supported on iOS devices.
Coastline College - Garden Grove Center 12901 Euclid St. Garden Grove, CA 92840
Located on the 1st Floor, Room 109
Walk-ins available at the Garden Grove Center location only
Transfer Services are available at the Fountain Valley and Newport Beach Center locations by appointment. Email us to request an appointment at these locations.
Office Hours - Fall Semester
- Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm*
*Appointment time after 5:00 pm available by emai request.
The Transfer Center will be closed and services not available on November 10, 23, and 24.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 714-241-6171
- Services available in-person, email, video (Cranium Café), and by telephone. For transfer services at the College Center and Newport Beach Center, please make an appointment, first, by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to limited staffing, Transfer Center office hours may vary based on staff availability conducting workshops, fairs, and tours.
CSU Application Information
CSU Application is OPEN for Fall 2018 admission!
Will have completed the 4-Core Courses by May 2018:
- Freshman Comp
- Oral Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Have a hard copy of your current unofficial transcripts – including all colleges you attended.
Have available personal or parent’s income information. Adjusted gross income (AGI) for 2015. Adjusted Gross Income can be found on your federal tax return as follows:
- Form 1040: Line 37
- Form 1040A: Line 21
- Form 1040EZ: Line 4
- CSU Application filing period is October 1 – November 30, 2017.
Need help with your CSU application? See the Hands-On Lab schedule on this website.
UC Application for Fall 2018 Admission
The UC application is now open. Application submission timeline: November 1-30, 2017.
For assistance on the UC Application, make an appointment by emailing email@example.com Help available in-person or video conference.
CSU and UC Application Hands-On Labs
Applying to a CSU or UC for fall 2018 admission? Need help or review of your application before pressing “Submit”? The Transfer Center has hands-on labs October through the November 30th deadline to guide, review your application, and answer questions on the CSU and UC process.
CSU Application for fall 2018 admission: October 1 - November 30, 2017
UC Online Application is open for fall 2018 admission. Application submission: November 1-30, 2017
Hands-On Lab Schedule
Garden Grove Center
Transfer Center, Room 109
Students bring your own laptops!
Dates: October 19 & 24; November 2, 16, 21, & 22
Time: 10:00am to 4:00pm
Newport Beach Center
Student Success Center-Room 118
Dates: October 18, 23, & 30; November 1, 6, 9, 13, & 27
Time: 11:00am to 4:00pm
Student Success Center-Room 214
Students bring your own laptops!
Dates: October 31
Time: 1:00pm to 4:00pm
By Appointment ONLY!
Dates: October 17; November 7 & 14
Time: Make an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Transfer Center provides a location with the following services and transfer information:
- Coastline courses that transfer to the CSU and UC + Explore Majors through ASSIST.ORG
- Application assistance to the CSU, UC and private institutions
- Follow-up on supplemental applications and deadlines information
- Career paths, explore majors, and transfer options ( www.myplan.com or EUREKA)
- Personal statement/narrative assistance (also with writing tutors from the Student Success Center)
- University Transfer Fair(s)
- University Tours
- Transfer Workshops
- Transfer Achievement Program
- Scholarship Opportunities
- University Representative Visits
- Individual Appointments - in-person, by telephone or online!
Contact the Transfer Center to streamline your transition from Coastline to the CSU, UC, private institutions, and out-of-state schools. Computers are available to research and complete applications.
Contact Helen Ward at email@example.com for additional information, sign-up for a workshops or meet to discuss your transfer plans.
Want to receive current transfer information, events, and activities at your fingertips?
Give us your email address and you'll be added on our Transfer Center List.
Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org and add Sign-Me-Up for the Transfer Center in the subject line.
Need to find out if your Coastline class will transfer to the CSU or UC? Want to explore majors to discover which field to study and career path are for you? The Transfer Center will show you how to use ASSIST.ORG, the official repository of articulation for California's public colleges and universities.
EXPLORE THESE WEB SITES TO FUND YOUR COLLEGE EDUCATION AND HAVE YOUR ACADEMIC RECORD/GOAL RECOGNIZED!
Need help with the application? Get help by contacting the Transfer Center at 714-241-6171 or email email@example.com
You are encouraged to apply for a Coastline Scholarship to be recognized for your academic achievement and to fund your education!
Scholarships Available for Transfer Students at the CSU's and UC's!
- CSU, Long Beach: Center for Scholarship Information
- UC - Paying for UC:
- Federal Student Aid : U.S. Department of Education website
- Jeannette Rankin Women's Scholarship Fund : Scholarship and support for low-income women 35 years and older to build better lives through college completion.
- Chicana/Latina Foundation : Awards-merit based scholarships to Latina college students valued at $1,500 each.
- WyzAnt Scholarships : Multiple prizes ($2K, $3K, and $10k) in this essay writing contest on the topic of making an impact with your education.
- Cappex : Research more than $11B in Scholarships.
- Big Future : College Board Scholarship Website
- Fastweb : Comprehensive Financial Aid and Scholarships resource website.
- Finance Comparison : Ways to finance college.
- Scholarship Help : Tips on how to search for scholarships; e.g., corporations, Chambers of Commerce, Local Business Organizations, etc.
- Scholarships.com : Another scholarship research site. This link takes you to Undergraduate Scholarships
- Collegiate Inventors Competition : Got an idea or invention? Scholarship open to college students who are working as a team with an instructor.
- Education Corner : A research site for scholarships and tips on how to finance your college education.
Personal Income Tax Tips for Scholarship Recipients
- Cash for College : Tax-Free 529 Plans (TurboTax)
- Deduction for Higher Education Q & A (TurboTax)
- Do You Have to Claim Pell Grant Money on Your Taxes? (TurboTax)
- Guide to Educational Taxes and Deductions (TurboTax)
- Take advantage of Two Education Tax Credits (TurboTax)
- The Lowdown on Education Tax Breaks : such as (1) The American Opportunity Tax Credit; (2) The Lifetime Learning Credit and (3) other Tax Breaks (TurboTax)
How do you know which school is a good fit for you? Take an opportunity to visit a university campus, walk around, and meet with former transfer students to learn from their experiences. Tours and transportation are free for currently enrolled Coastline students.
|University||Date||Pick-Up OCC||Pick-Up GWC|
|CSU Long Beach||Fri. 10/6/2017 8:30am to 1:30pm||8:15am||8:30am|
|UCLA||Sat. 10/7/2017 7:15am to 5:00pm||7:00am||7:15am|
|CSU Fullerton||Fri. 10/13/2017 8:30am to 2:00pm||8:15am||8:30am|
|CSU Dominguez Hills||Sat. 10/14/2017 7:30am to 2:00pm||7:15am||7:30am|
|Cal Poly, Pomona||Fri. 10/20/2017 7:45am to 3:00pm||7:30am||7:45am|
|UC San Diego||Sat. 10/21/2017 7:00am to 5:00pm||7:15am||7:00am|
|UC Irvine||Sat. 10/28/2017 8:00am to 3:30pm||7:45am||8:00am|
Bus pick-ups will take place at the following locations:
- Orange Coast College : Robert Moore Theater Turnabout
- Golden West College : Parking Lot H off of Center-Gothard Street
For additional information, please contact the Transfer Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California State University Timelines and Information
California's State University is a leader in high-quality, accessible, student-focused higher education. With 23 campuses, 460,000 students, and 47,000 faculty and staff, they are the largest, the most diverse, and one of the most affordable university systems in the country. Find a CSU that is right for you!
- California State University, Bakersfield
- California State University Channel Islands
- California State University, Chico
- California State University, Dominguez Hills
- California State University, East Bay
- California State University, Fresno
- California State University, Fullerton
- Humboldt State University
- California State University, Long Beach
- California State University, Los Angeles
- California State University Maritime Academy
- California State University, Monterey Bay
- California State University, Northridge
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- California State University, Sacramento
- California State University, San Bernardino
- San Diego State University
- San Francisco State University
- San Jose State University
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- California State University San Marcos
- Sonoma State University
- California State University, Stanislaus
To see where these campuses are located, go to the Map of Campus Locations .
Congratulations to our Coastline students who are transferring to a CSU in Fall 2017!
Information for CSU Applicants
|2/10/2018||If admitted, unofficial Final Grade Cards or Unofficial Transcripts for Fall 2017 courses.|
|2/13/2018||Application Fee (if submitted by check or money order).|
|2/17/2018||Final Official College Transcripts with grades through Fall 2017.|
|3/2/2018||Transfer Degree (AA-T or AS-T) Official Transcript with Degree Posted|
|3/16/2018||All transcripts with grades through Fall 2017.|
|4/1/2018||CSUFTransfer Degree Verification Form of AA-T or AS-T (in-progress or completed) .|
|6/1/2018||CSUFAccepting Admission and Enrollment Deposit . (Applicants admitted after May 15th have two weeks from the date of admission, printed on the admit letter, to accept their admission offer).|
|6/24/2018||Unofficial Final Grade Cards or Unofficial Transcripts (Winter and Spring courses in progress).|
|7/15/2018||All official transcripts with grades through Spring 2018.|
|7/15/2018||Unofficial Final Grade Cards or Unofficial Transcripts (Spring courses in progress) for colleges with late Spring terms.|
How to Apply to the California State University
|June 1 - June 30, 2017||
Winter 2018 Applications for QUARTER ONLY CSU schools
All 23 CSUs will be on the semester system by 2019
|August 1 - August 31, 2017||Spring 2018 Applications Filing Period|
|October 1 - Nov 30, 2017||Fall 2018 Applications Filing Period|
|November 30, 2017||CSU Application Deadline for Fall 2018|
|December 2017||Check Email for Important CSU Messages|
|January-February 2018||Complete Supplemental Applications for Transfers for Fall 2018|
|February - March 2018||CSU admissions sent. Transcripts must be submitted to confirm admission/waitlist offers for Fall 2018.|
|June 1, 2018||Intent to Enroll deadline and Enrollment Deposit deadline for Fall 2018.|
University of California Timelines and Information
There are 9 UCs Campuses throughout California. With nine choices available, consider geographical location, tempos, and personalities in addition to what you want scholastically.
Useful Tools to Help You Best Plan for UC Transfer
- UC Pathways : 10 popular majors and set of courses you can take at any community college to prepare for your major.
- UC TAP Tool : For use by students transferring from the community colleges to enter their coursework (completed and planned) from the very beginning of their college careers, or at any point when they decide to transfer to a UC campus.
- Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) : Receive early review of your academic records, early admission notification and specific guidance about major preparation and general education coursework. TAG applications are due September 30 and application is for TAG at one campus. See your academic counselor to get TAG on your Student Education Plan and Degree Works.
- My Plan : Find out what career your major will prepare you for. Website also has links to various degree programs and is useful for college planning.
Information for UC Applicants
|1/1/2018||Filing period for FAFSA and Cal Grant Verification Form opens for applicants to all terms (filing period open through March 2). Apply for UC and UC Department Scholarships! Early January – Online application update opens for transfer applicants to report final fall grades and in-progress or planned coursework (open through January 31).|
|3/1/2018||Notification of Fall 2018 admission decisions begins.|
|3/2/2018||Deadline for applicants for all terms to submit FAFSA and Cal Grant GPA Verification Form.|
|3/31/2018||Notification of Fall 2018 admission decisions for freshman applicants is complete.|
|5/1/2018||Deadline for admitted freshmen to submit Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). Notification of Fall 2018 admission decisions for transfer applicants is complete.|
|6/1/2018||Deadline for admitted transfer students to submit Statement of Intent to Register (SIR).|
|7/1/2018||Final official transcripts due at campus admissions office for students admitted for Fall 2018.|
How to Apply to the University of California
|August 1, 2017||Get a head start! UC Application is available starting August 1 at Online UC application for Fall 2018 . Changes to the UC application: Personal insight questions for Transfer Students: One required question that must be answered and three out of seven additional questions. Each response has a maximum of 350 words. "What do you want UC to know about you?"|
|November 1-30, 2017||Application submission period for Fall 2018|
|November 30, 2017||Application deadline date for Fall 2018 admission|
|January 1, 2018||Filing period for FAFSA and Cal Grant Verification Form opens for applicants to all terms (filing period open through March 2). Early January - Online application update opens for transfer applicants to report final fall grades and in-process or planned coursework (open through January 31)|
|March 1, 2018||Notification of Fall 2018 admissions decisions begins.|
|March 2, 2018||Deadline for applicants for all terms to submit FAFSA and Cal Grant GPA Verification Form.|
|May 1, 2018||Notification of Fall 2018 admission decisions for transfer applicants is complete.|
|June 1, 2018||Deadline for admitted transfer students to submit Statement of Intent to Register (SIR).|
|July 1, 2018||Final official transcripts due at campus admissions office for students admitted in Fall 2018.|
Private CA Institutions and Out-of-State Schools
Begin the Common Application early to request Letters of Recommendation from instructors, counselors, advisors, and anyone who knows your education and career goals. Complete the Common Application early to qualify for scholarship and financial aid opportunities. Check the private institution web page for financial aid, scholarships, and application submission deadlines.
Our data shows that 50% of Coastline students transfer to California Private Institutions and Out-of-State Schools. Our students are moving forward!
Popular California Private Schools
- Argosy University
- Azusa Pacific University
- Biola University
- Brandman University
- Chapman University
- Concordia University, Irvine
- Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising
- Laguna College of Art + Design
- Hope International University
- National University
- Otis College of Art and Design
- Pepperdine University, Irvine Campus
- Trinity Law School
- University of La Verne
- University of Redlands
- University of Southern California
- Woodbury University
Popular Out-of-State Schools
- American Public University System
- Arizona State University
- Grand Canyon University
- Northern Arizona University
- Pennsylvania State University (Penn State Online)
- Roseman University of Health Science (Nevada)
- Trident University International
- University of Alaska, Anchorage
- University of Alaska, Fairbanks
- University of Arizona
- Westminster College (Utah)
Contact Jason Ward, Program Coordinator, at 714-241-6323
Coastline has partnered with Penn State World Campus, University of Illinois, Springfield and University of Massachusetts, Amherst to offer online Associate to Bachelor degree programs:
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Security
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, and Operations and Information Management)
Completing the Common Application
To transfer to USC, Pepperdine University or Chapman University, students will complete the Common Application .
The Transfer Center provides help and guidance on completing the Common Application and personal statement(s).
Transferring to a medical school, physician assistant program, pharmacy program or out-of-state school? The Transfer Center will provide guidance and help on completing applications and review of personal statements and essays.
Common Application Workshops and one-on-one help available throughout the academic year. Contact the Transfer Center at email@example.com
Begin the Common Application early to request Letters of Recommendation from instructors, counselors, advisors, and anyone who knows you education and career goals. Complete the Common Application early to qualify for scholarship and financial aid opportunities. Check the private institution web page for financial aid, scholarships, and application submission deadlines.