Transfer Center Information
Start your Bachelor's Degree at Coastline!
- Location: Garden Grove Center-1st Floor, Room 109, 12901 Euclid St., Garden Grove
Mon-Thur 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; Friday 8 a.m.-Noon
Additional hours available by appointment.
- Telephone: 714-241-6171
- Email: email@example.com
Please Note: Due to limited staffing, Transfer Center office hours may vary based on staff availability.
The Transfer Center provides a location with the following services and transfer information:
- Coastline courses that transfer to the CSU and UC + Explore Majors through ASSIST.ORG
- Career paths, explore majors, and transfer options (EUREKA)
- Application assistance to the CSU, UC and private institutions
- Follow-up on supplemental applications and deadlines information
- Personal/narrative assistance (also with writing tutors from the Student Success Center)
- University tours
- Scholarship opportunities
- Special events/workshops
- University Transfer Fair(s)
- College representative visits
- One-on-one appointments
Contact the Transfer Center to streamline your transition from Coastline to the CSU, UC, private institutions, and out-of-state schools. Computers are available to research and complete applications.
Transfer Center services are available in-person, by email, or teleconference by calling 714-241-6171.
For Transfer Center information, contact Helen Ward at 714-241-6171.
Want to receive current transfer information, events, and activities at your fingertips?
Give us your email address and you'll be added on our Transfer Center List.
Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org and add Sign-Me–Up for the Transfer Center List in the subject line.
Need to find out if your Coastline class will transfer to the CSU or UC? Want to explore majors to discover which field to study and career path are for you? The Transfer Center will show you how to use ASSIST.ORG, the official repository of articulation for California's public colleges and universities.
Graduating? Completing Your Certificate?
An Associate in Arts Degree or a Certificate of Achievement is not automatically awarded. Students are required to petition for graduation at the beginning of the semester in which they will be completing their final requirements.
Complete the Petition for A.A./A.S. Degree and Certificate of Achievement available on the Graduation Webpage. Find Petition deadlines and where to send the completed petition from the Graduation Webpage and listed on the Petition.
Not sure when you will be finished with your degree or certificate program? Check your progress through your MyCCC student portal and review Degree Works. Call the Counseling Department at 714-241-6162 to set-up an appointment with an academic counselor to discuss your education plan and progress.
EXPLORE THESE WEB SITES TO FUND YOUR COLLEGE EDUCATION AND HAVE YOUR ACADEMIC RECORD/GOAL RECOGNIZED!
Coastline Community College General Scholarship Application –due March 10, 2014
If you have never completed a scholarship application, Coastline's app is the best one to start!
Complete the online application at: http://www.coastline.edu/students/scholarships/
Need help with the application? Get help by contacting the Transfer Center at 714-241-6171 or email email@example.com
The South Coast Higher Education Council (SCHEC) is pleased to be offering $300 scholarships for the 2013-2014 academic year.
Those who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for a SCHEC Scholarship:
- Currently enrolled in a SCHEC institution (Coastline-Yes!) and will be transferring as a full-time student to a SCHEC four-year college/university during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
Applications must be postmarked no later than Friday, March 14, 2014
- Federal Student Aid: U.S. Department of Education website
- Jeannette Rankin Women's Scholarship Fund: Scholarship and support for low-income women 35 years and older to build better lives through college completion.
- Chicana/Latina Foundation: Awards-merit based scholarships to Latina college students valued at $1,500 each. Deadline Monday, March 17, 2014.
- WyzAnt Scholarships: Multiple prizes ($2K, $3K, and $10k) in this essay writing contest on the topic of making an impact with your education. Deadline: May 2014.
Special Needs-based Scholarships
- California Association for Postsecondary Education and Disability: Serving students with disabilities at CA institutions of higher education. Scholarships available with various 2014 deadlines.
Transferring to the UC, CSU or Private School? Each institution will have scholarship opportunities for transferring students. Go to the school's home website and type in Transfer Student in the Search Box.
- Cappex: Research more than $11B in Scholarships.
- Big Future: College Board Scholarship Website
- College Scholarships, Colleges, and Online Degrees: Comprehensive Scholarship searches.
- Fastweb: Comprehensive Financial Aid and Scholarships resource website.
- Finance Comparison: Ways to finance college.
- Scholarship Help: Tips on how to search for scholarships; e.g., corporations, Chambers of Commerce, Local Business Organizations, etc.
- Scholarships.com: Another scholarship research site. This link takes you to Undergraduate Scholarships
- Collegiate Inventors Competition: Got an idea or invention? Scholarship open to college students who are working as a team with an instructor.
- Education Corner: A research site for scholarships and tips on how to finance your college education.
Personal Income Tax Tips for Scholarship Recipients
- Cash for College: Tax-Free 529 Plans (TurboTax)
- Deduction for Higher Education Q & A (TurboTax)
- Do You Have to Claim Pell Grant Money on Your Taxes? (TurboTax)
- Guide to Educational Taxes and Deductions (TurboTax)
- Take advantage of Two Education Tax Credits (TurboTax)
- The Lowdown on Education Tax Breaks: such as (1) The American Opportunity Tax Credit; (2) The Lifetime Learning Credit and (3) other Tax Breaks (TurboTax)
Spring 2014 University Tours
Tour a school to find out if it is a good match for you! Sign-up for Coastline's 2014 Spring University Tours. Registered students will board a District Bus at Golden West College, Parking Lot H.
|University||Day/Date||Depart GWC||Return to GWC||Sign-Up Deadline|
|1. UC Riverside||Friday, March 7||7:00 a.m.||4:00 p.m.||Wednesday, March 5|
|2. San Diego State University||Saturday, March 15||7:30 a.m.||3:00 p.m.||Thursday, March 13|
|3. UC San Diego||Friday, April 4||9:00 a.m.||5:30 p.m.||Friday, March 21|
|4. CSU, Long Beach||Friday, April 11||9:30 a.m.||2:00 p.m.||Friday, March 21|
|5. CSU, Fullerton||Saturday, April 12||7:15 a.m.||2:00 p.m.||Friday, March 21|
|6. UC Irvine||Saturday, April 12||8:00 a.m.||3:00 p.m.||Friday, March 21|
|7. USC||Friday, April 18||11:00 a.m.||3:30 p.m.||Friday, March 21|
|8. UCLA||Friday, April 25||7:15 a.m.||5:30 p.m.||Wednesday, April 23|
TO SIGN-UP: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- University(s) and Date(s) you want to tour
- Your Student ID Number
- Your Contact Number
Indicate if you have the following:
- a GWC-OCC Parking Permit
- a Coastline Parking Permit
- No Parking Permit
- You Will Be Dropped Off/Picked Up
Important: Students with Coastline Parking Permits and No Parking Permits will be issued GWC day-parking passes.
Registered students will receive a confirmation, Tour Participant Agreement Form to complete, and additional information. The Tour Participant Agreement needs to be completed and submitted to the Transfer Center on or before the sign-up deadline. District bus transportation is provided at no charge.
All University Tours will board the bus at Golden West College, Parking Lot H Area. Avoid parking stalls marked “STAFF”. Students can park in GWC Parking Lot I and J located off of Gothard Street.
Questions? Contact Coastline's Transfer Center at 714-241-6171 or by email at email@example.com
California State University Timelines and Important Information
CSU uses email as the official means of communication. Check the email you submitted on your CSU application often!
|November 30, 2013||Application Deadline|
|December 2013||Check Email Once A Week for Important CSU Notices|
|Jan-Feb 3, 2014||Complete Supplemental Application for Transfers|
|Feb-March 2014||CSU admissions are sent; transcripts must be submitted to confirm admission/waitlist offers|
|June 1, 2014||Intent to enroll and Enrollment Deposit Deadline|
University of California Dates and Deadlines for 2014
|January 2014||Check emails for vital information and communication from UC. Applicant may be asked to complete supplemental information that is due January 31.|
|April 25, 2014||Admission Decision Notification, Conditions of Admissions, Financial Aid Offer Letter|
|June 1, 2014||Statement of Intent to Register|
|Early June 2014||Housing Application Due|
|June & July 2014||CalSO – Summer Orientation Programs|
|July 1, 2014||Final, Official Documents
Please note that the July 1st due date is a change from July 15. If this deadline cannot be met, contact the UC admissions officer you have been assigned.
Get ready for 2015-2016! Prepare by reading up on the UC System, application, and transfer options.
Coastline’s Transfer Center staff is here to answer your questions and provide resources to help you transfer to 4-year schools!
If you have questions about the application, transfer process, or need help on your personal statement/narrative, call us in the Transfer Center at 714-241-6171 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also work with the Student Success Writing Tutors!
Tour UC Irvine, UCLA, UC Riverside, and UC San Diego this Spring 2014. Go to the University Tour link to find dates and times!
Don't Lose Your Place in Line! Registration Priority is Changing
New Legislative Changes
To be eligible for priority registration, you must meet ALL of the following requirements prior to June 1, 2014:
- Completed placement testing and orientation (or equivalent).
- Have a counselor-approved Student Education Plan (SEP) on file* with a specified Course of Study that leads to an Associate Degree (AA, AS, or ADT), transfer, State-approved Certificate of Achievement, or career advancement.
- Be in good academic standing and/or progress standing.
- Have not earned more than 100 degree-applicable units within the Coast Community College District (Coastline Community College, Golden West College, and Orange Coast College).
*Get your SEP completed by calling the Counseling Department at 714-241-6162 to schedule an appointment with an Academic Counselor. Have your Student I.D. number ready.