Skip Navigation


What is DegreeWorks?

DegreeWorks is the degree audit and tracking system for Coast Community Colleges that provides an accessible, convenient, and organized way to assess academic progress. DegreeWorks allows you to:

    View your Student Educational Plan (developed with your counselor);

    View your degree audit worksheet which details your progress – course by course – towards your declared educational objective (associate’s or certificate’s) at Coastline;

    View your progress in the CSU general education and/or IGETC patterns for transfer;

    Track your CSU, UC, and Coastline degree-applicable GPA and overall GPA based on your Coastline coursework;

    Run “What If” scenarios to see how close you are to completing other degrees and certificates to compare options;

    View your articulated course credit earned at other institutions (requirement: see a counselor).

Introduction to DegreeWorks Video

How do I access DegreeWorks?

  1. Login to your MyCCC account with your Username and Password.

  2. Click on the Student tab and click on Launch DegreeWorks.

  3. Your Student ID, name, and program will appear and you will be on the Worksheets tab.

  4. If you have selected a program, a program audit will appear for that major. The audit will show both General Education and major requirements for an associate degree or course requirements for a certificate. If you have not selected a program or if you want to view a different program, run the What If option below.

  5. To view degree requirements for a What If program:

    • Click on the "What If" button on the left side, then go to the pull down menus.
    • Select the Level (College) with the drop-down menu.
    • Select one of the degrees, certificates or transfers from the Program drop-down menu. *Please note: all programs from the Coast Colleges are listed CCC, GWC, and OCC.
    • The Catalog Year shown reflects the current catalog year. You may choose another catalog year that you are eligible for if desired.
    • Click the "Process What-If" button to view the results.
    • Click Print in the menu at the top of the page if you want to print a copy for your reference.
    • If you’ve had a Student Education Plan completed by a counselor, you can view the current plan by clicking on the Plans tab.

Have questions about DegreeWorks? Make an appointment to see a counselor, call the Counseling Office at (714) 241-6162, or schedule a counseling appointment online .

Subscribe to our Student Newsletter

Monthly updates for all things Coastline!