Skip Navigation


The Coastline Counseling Department provides opportunities for people to learn life and career planning skills necessary to develop and achieve their educational and personal goals. Coastline Counselors are available at the College Center (Fountain Valley), Garden Grove Center, Le-Jao Center (Westminster), and Newport Beach Center.

The Counseling department is located at the Coastline College Center on the 1st floor.

  • Coastline Community College
    11460 Warner Avenue
    Fountain Valley, CA 92708

  • Hours of Operation:
    • Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
    • Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
  • Phone: (714) 241-6162
  • Fax: (714) 241-6236
  • Email:

We offer appointments in the following times and formats:

  • Day (at Fountain Valley, Garden Grove and Le Jao Centers)
  • Evening (at Garden Grove and Le Jao Centers)
  • In-person
  • By phone
  • Video Counseling

To schedule an appointment:

Our professionally trained and courteous Counselors are available to assist you with:

  • Educational Planning
  • DegreeWorks
  • Career Exploration
  • Re-Entry Services
  • Counseling Courses
  • Transfer Planning

In addition, our helpful and responsive Counseling Support Team is available to assist you with:

  • Scheduling of initial or follow-up counseling appointments
  • Answering commonly asked questions
  • Resources available to you at Coastline, including transfer materials, student computer tools, and career resources.

Clear Prerequisites To clear prerequisites, please see our Prerequisite Clearance How-To or contact the matriculation clerk in the Admission & Records office at (714) 241-6176 .

Video Counseling Appointment

Schedule a video counseling appointment: To schedule a Video Counseling Appointment with a counselor please call the Counseling Office at 714-241-6162 .

**A confirmation email will be sent to the email address that you provide.

For information about Cranium Cafe, including software requirements and support, please see our Cranium Cafe web page.

Video chat with General Counseling on Cranium Cafe

Counseling Appointment No-Show Policy

Students who cannot keep a scheduled appointment should cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the appointment, or they will be considered a no-show. Students with two no-shows in a three-month period will not be eligible to schedule another counseling appointment for three months from the date of the second no-show. Walk-In and E-Advise counseling will still be available; however, many issues cannot be effectively addressed in Walk-In and E-Advise because counselors are unable to access student records or view transcripts. To avoid a no-show, students should cancel at least 24 hours prior to the appointment in one of the following ways:

  • Call the Counseling office at 714 241 6162
  • Email
  • Reply with “CX” to the automated text reminder
  • Select Cancel after logging on to the appointment scheduling webpage

Schedule a Counseling Appointment

I am a:

If you are a Coastline student who has recently skipped one or more Fall/Spring terms you will need to reapply to Coastline Community College before you can register for classes.

If you are a returning Coastline student who has skipped one or more Fall/Spring terms you will need to reapply to Coastline Community College before you can register for classes.

Have you applied for admission?

Have you completed placement testing?

Prior to making an appointment, you must apply for and receive admission to Coastline Community College.

Have you completed the Orientation for new students?

Prior to making an appointment, you must complete the Assessment process. Please visit the Assessment Center web page for information about the Assessment process and to schedule an appointment.

Have you ever attended any college?

Prior to making an appointment, you must complete online Orientation. Please visit our New Student Orientation web page for more information.

Have you submitted official transcripts to Coastline Community College's Admissions and Records Office?

If you have recently submitted your transcripts, please schedule your appointment a minimum of 2 weeks after transcript submission. Schedule your counseling appointment or call (714)241-6162 for assistance.

Prior to making an appointment, you need to have all official transcripts on file in the Admissions Office. Please request those from each institution you have attended and have them mailed to:

Coastline Community College - Admissions Office
11460 Warner Ave.
Fountain Valley, CA 92708

e-Advising via email


e-Advise is designed to address quick questions related to academic advisement.

It does not take the place of a meeting with a counselor. Many issues are far too complex to be effectively addressed via email and are best dealt with in a counseling session. During e-Advise, counselors will be unable to access student records or view transcripts.

e-Advise is not appropriate for:

  • developing a student educational plan in DegreeWorks
  • transcript evaluation
  • assessment test results
  • personal counseling
Start using e-Advising via email

Counseling Q & A's

Q: Where do I go to research my educational and career options and find the best-fitting major or certificate plan for me?

A: Call the Counseling Department to schedule an academic counseling appointment. A counselor can also assess your transcripts, help you with course planning, and ensure that you will be ready to successfully transfer to a four-year college if that's part of your plan. Tip: Enroll in Counseling C104 (Career/Life Planning) or Counseling C105 (Strategies for College Success).

  • Counseling Department, (714) 241-6162
  • Counseling
Q: I need help paying for college. Who can help me?

A: Visit Coastline's Financial Aid Office at College Center and you'll get info on the FAFSA, fee waivers, grants, student loans, work study opportunities, and scholarships.

Q: Where can I learn more about four-year colleges that I may want to transfer to?

A: The Transfer Center, located at Coastline's Garden Grove campus, is your home-base for all things transferrelated. You'll find catalogs and information on hundreds of public and private colleges, and learn about upcoming events with UC, CSU, and private colleges.

Q: Where can I find a tutor?

A: Free tutoring can be found at the Student Success Center (at the Le-Jao Center campus and Newport Beach campus), at the Garden Grove campus (Information Commons area), as well as online tutoring. Get help here for writing or math-related assignments, or call to inquire about course-specific tutoring.

Q: I need to take my English and math placement tests. Where do I go?

A: Visit the Assessment Center located at the College Center building (4th floor) in Fountain Valley. Be sure to see a counselor after you've taken your tests so that you can update your Ed Plan based on the results.

Q: How do I find out if I qualify for programs offered to students with economic or educational challenges?

A: Our EOPS/CARE and CalWORKS offices at College Center can determine if you meet their program eligibility criteria. If so, they'll provide additional services designed to help you succeed.

  • EOPS/CARE Office, (714) 241-6237
  • EOPS
  • CalWORKS Office, (714) 546-7600, ext. 16587
  • CalWorks
Q: Does the college offer accommodations for students with special needs?

A: Of course! Special Programs and Services for the Disabled provides support services to students with verifiable disabilities including priority registration, testtaking facilitation, adaptive educational equipment, interpreter services and alternative text.

Q: I'm a military Veteran. How do I connect with other Vets on campus or get specialized services?

A: Visit the Veterans Resource Center (VRC) at College Center in Fountain Valley or at the Newport Beach campus. There's even a Virtual VRC! They offer information on college programs and services including GI Bill® certification, financial aid, work-study opportunities, and referrals for re-integration into civilian life.

"GI Bill®" is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Q: How do I get copies of my transcripts?

A: Official transcripts must be ordered online through Credentials, Inc. Visit the following website to order:

Enroll in a Counseling 105 "Strategies for Success" course

More Information for Students:

Subscribe to our Student Newsletter

Monthly updates for all things Coastline!