The Library can help you with your research! You can Ask a Librarian for help or help yourself through the CoastlineLIBRARY YouTube channel, the Library Workshops in Canvas (coming soon), or the links below.
- Citing Sources Using MLA or APA - information about citing sources with examples of the most common formats in APA and MLA - Coastline Librarian Cheryl Stewart
- MLA and APA Style - Purdue University Online Writing Lab
- Avoiding Plagiarism Library Workshop - COMING SPRING 2017
- Avoiding Plagiarism - Northwestern University
- Citation Help (see above)
Turnitin Video Tutorials:
- VIDEO: Tutorial Students submit a paper to Turnitin and viewing originality report
- VIDEO: Tutorial Faculty creating a Turnitin assignment in Canvas
- VeriCite for Instructors - University of Oregon
- How do I submit a VeriCite assignment as a student?
- How do I view my VeriCite report as a student?
- Evaluating Websites - Kathy Schrock’s The 5 W’s of website evaluation
- Picking a topic - Coastline Librarian Cheryl Stewart
- Understanding Fair-Use and copyright - Coastline Librarian Cheryl Stewart
Libraries: Academic and Public
- The Coastline Library is 100% online and has what you need. View the collection of ACADEMIC DATABASES and EBOOKS on the Library website.
- CalWest - Coastline students with current student ID may use the public collection at member campus libraries at Golden West, Orange Coast, Cypress and Fullerton College.
Local Public Libraries
- Anaheim Public Library
- Buena Park Public Library
- Cerritos Public Library
- Huntington Beach Public Library
- Orange County Public Library
- Newport Beach Public Library
- Santa Ana Public Library
eBook Collections: FREE
(Remember you have access to ebooks, journals, magazines, and newspapers through the Coastline Library ARTICLE DATABASES & EBOOKS if you are a Coastline student or employee.)
- Google Books is a search engine that allows you to browse for books online for electronic viewing, purchase, or to find in a nearby library.
- Open Educational Resources (OER) Textbooks A list of openly licensed textbooks.
- Project Gutenberg is the first and largest single collection of free electronic books
Office 365 for Students
As a student at Coastline Community College you are entitled to a free subscription to Microsoft Office 365 for Students . The benefits of Microsoft Office 365 for Students include the ability to co-edit your schoolwork using Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote in real time—anywhere, any time, on any device. With 1 TB of OneDrive storage, you can keep all your work online for easy access. As an added benefit, you may install Office 2016 on your personal computer (MAC and Windows) and mobile device (iOS and Android) to work locally or when you are disconnected from the internet. You can install Office on as many as 5 devices.
To sign up for your free Microsoft Office 365 for Students account go to http://office.com/getoffice365 . You will be prompted to enter your college-issued email address (e.g. email@example.com). An email will be sent to that address with instructions on how to complete the setup of your subscription.
Please note that for now, the password for this account is not synchronized with your MyCCC or network logon account. Microsoft handles password resets for your Office 365 account when you click on "Can't access your account?" on the Office 365 sign on screen at https://portal.office.com . Microsoft will send an email with a link to reset your password to your @student.cccd.edu email address.