The Library can help you with your research! You can Ask a Librarian for help or help yourself through the CoastlineLIBRARY YouTube channel, the Library Workshops in Canvas (coming soon), or the links below.
- Citing Sources Using MLA or APA - information about citing sources with examples of the most common formats in APA and MLA - Coastline Librarian Cheryl Stewart
- MLA and APA Style - Purdue University Online Writing Lab
Take the Avoiding Plagiarism Library Workshop at Coastline!
Avoiding Plagiarism Library Workshop Directions for self-enrollment:
Click this link to Self-enroll in the CCCNB Library Workshops. It helps to click this link if you are already logged into Canvas. The Library Workshop will show up as a course.
Review this video if you do not see the CCCNB Library Workshop in your Canvas Dashboard. How to find a course in Canvas.
Follow the directions in the Library Workshop and complete all five sections of the workshop with 80% or higher to earn a Certificate of Completion by your class deadline. The whole workshop should take about an hour to complete.
Avoiding Plagiarism - Northwestern University
Citation Help (see above)
Turnitin Video Tutorials:
- VIDEO: Tutorial Students submit a paper to Turnitin and viewing originality report
- VIDEO: Tutorial Faculty creating a Turnitin assignment in Canvas
- Evaluating Websites - Kathy Schrock’s The 5 W’s of website evaluation
- Picking a topic - Coastline Librarian Cheryl Stewart
- Understanding Fair-Use and copyright - Coastline Librarian Cheryl Stewart
Libraries in Orange County for Coastline Students
Coastline students with a current student ID may use the general library collections (not textbooks) at the following Community College Libraries in Orange County:
- Cypress College Library
- Fullerton College Library
- Golden West College Library
- Orange Coast College Library
Orange County Public Library has 33 branch libraries across Orange County that students and can use to study, check out books, use computers, print and more!
eBook Collections: FREE
(Remember you have access to ebooks, journals, magazines, and newspapers through the Coastline Library ARTICLE DATABASES & EBOOKS if you are a Coastline student or employee.)
- Google Books is a search engine that allows you to browse for books online for electronic viewing, purchase, or to find in a nearby library.
- Open Educational Resources (OER) Textbooks A list of openly licensed textbooks.
- Project Gutenberg is the first and largest single collection of free electronic books
Office 365 for Students
Congratulations! As a student at Coastline Community College you are entitled to a free subscription to Office 365. Share and co-edit your schoolwork using Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote in real time—anywhere, any time, on any device. With 1 TB of OneDrive storage, you can keep all your work online for easy access. As an added benefit, you may install Office 2016 on your personal computer (Mac and Windows) and mobile device (iOS and Android) to work locally or when you are disconnected from the internet. You can install Office on as many as 5 devices.
To access Office 365 go to the Microsoft Online website. Enter your college-issued email address (e.g. email@example.com) and the same password used when accessing computer labs on campus (not your MyCCC password).