Welcome to the Coastline Online Library — Always Open.
- Video Tutorial Students submit a paper to Turnitin and viewing originality report
- Video Tutorial Faculty creating a Turnitin assignment in Canvas
Some textbooks are available for use at the Coastline Student Success Centers.
Call the centers to verify textbook availability and Student Success Center hours.
- (GGC) Garden Grove Center : 714-241-6209 Ext.17318
- (LJC) Le Jao Center : 714-241-6184 Ext.17420
- (NBC) Newport Beach Center : 714-241-6213 Ext.17210
Public eBook Collections
Google Books is a search engine that allows you to browse for books online for electronic viewing, purchase, or to find in a nearby library.
Open Educational Resources (OER) Adoption Process A slideshow tutorial explaining the OER adoption process.
Open Educational Resources (OER) Textbooks A list of openly licensed textbooks.
Project Gutenberg is the first and largest single collection of free electronic books
Cal-West Consortium Libraries
- Cypress College Library
- Fullerton College Library
- Golden West College Library
- Orange Coast College Library
Local Public Libraries
- Anaheim Public Library
- Buena Park Public Library
- Cerritos Public Library
- Huntington Beach Public Library
- Orange County Public Library
- Newport Beach Public Library
- Santa Ana Public Library
- CSU Fullerton Library
- CSU Long Beach Library
- Chapman University Library
- UC Irvine Library
- University of California Libraries (Melvyl)
State and Online Libraries
Instructional Videos & Tutorials
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Coastline have a physical Library?
- Coastline’s Library is 100% online so we don’t have a physical Library. If you are looking for a place to study, you can do that in one of the Student Success Centers. Need to use a textbook? See if one of the Student Success Centers has it by looking at this Textbook Reserve List. Need some Research or Library help? Ask a Librarian (email@example.com or 714.696.1573). The Librarian does have a physical office (College Center 206) or we can meet you at any of the college campuses.
- Does the Library have my textbook?
- The Library doesn’t have any physical books because it is 100% online, but the Student Success Center does have some textbook students can use. Watch the video below to see about textbooks at the Student Success Centers and look at this Textbook Reserve list to see if your textbook is one of the ones they have. VIDEO: Does the Library have my textbook? (1:34)
- Library hours?
- The Coastline Library is always open because it is 100% online! If you are trying to contact a Librarian you can view the Ask a Librarian information below. The Library is using a Google Voice number so you can text or call with your quick question (714.696.1573). You can schedule a research session at one of the college centers. View the Tutor Schedule on the Student Success Center webpage to see the hours of the Student Success Centers if you need to use a textbook or a place to study.
- I need research help!
- No problem. The Library can help you with that. You can Ask a Librarian for help or help yourself through the CoastlineLIBRARY YouTube channel, the Library Workshops in Canvas (coming soon), or study guides. A Librarian is a “trained research professional” and can help you with quick questions or in depth research needs. We became Librarians because we like people. How can we help you?
- How can I get copies of magazine articles for a report I'm writing?
- Coastline has subscriptions to a lot of Academic Databases that have just what you need. Access the Academic Databases by clicking Academic Databases and eBooks above. Watch “Which database should I choose?” on the Library YouTube channel to find the best database for your research need. We also recommend taking the Finding Articles Library Workshop in Canvas to show you how to do some advanced searching in the Library Databases. This Video shows you how to enroll in the workshop. It is FREE to Coastline students.
- Is your question not here? Ask a Librarian.
- Ask your question by contacting Librarian Elizabeth Horan at 714.696.1573 (phone / text) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask a LibrarianLibrarian: Elizabeth Horan
Phone / Text: 714.696.1573
Coastline Community College Center
11460 Warner Avenue
Fountain Valley, CA 92708-2529
The mission of the Coastline Community College Online Library is to directly contribute to academic achievement, student success, and lifelong learning; to provide a variety of learning-centered resources and innovative services that meet the needs of its diverse community; to support the achievement of student learning outcomes at the course, program, and institutional levels; and to enhance teaching excellence.