The purpose of the Coastline Promise is to ensure that recent high school graduates have the best chance of completing a college degree or career and technical education (CTE) certificate by offering financial and academic support in their first year of college. Recent high school graduates from Newport-Mesa, Huntington Beach, and Garden Grove school districts are eligible to apply to the Coastline Promise.
The Coastline Promise provides students with:
- Per unit fees, college service and health services fees covered for the fall and spring semesters of your first year (summer and winter intersession are excluded)
- Textbook vouchers of up to $1,000 for the first year *
- Priority registration
- Free tutoring services in key courses
- Dedicated counseling, academic success coaches, and career services
To become a part of the Coastline Promise, students must:
- Graduate from Newport-Mesa, Huntington Beach, or Garden Grove high school district during the most recent school year and be a California Resident or qualify as an AB 540 student.
- Complete the Coastline Promise Application. If you are under 18 years old, your parent/guardian signature is also required. Submit the completed forms to the Coastline Community College Outreach Department via mail, email, or in-person.
- Complete the Coastline Community College online application for Fall 2018 via OpenCCC.
- Complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA or California Dream Act to apply for Financial Aid. Coastline Community College FAFSA School Code: 013536.
- Complete the online orientation
- Complete English and Math Placement Tests or one of the alternative options. For more information, visit the Assessment Center web page to view the English and Math placement guides.
- See a counselor to develop an education plan
DEADLINE: May 4th 2018 **
*Students will receive textbook vouchers up to $500 for fall and spring semesters if enrolled full-time (12-15 units/semester) and $250/semester for part-time (9-11 units/semester) enrollment. Winter intersession units will not be counted towards spring units/semester. Textbook vouchers will not be available for summer or winter intersession classes.
**Applications will be accepted through the deadline or until the Coastline Promise reaches capacity, whichever occurs first.Download the Coastline Promise Agreement Form