What if we could provide your first year in college – for free? The Coastline Promise Program helps recent high school graduates transition into Coastline College students with financial and academic support. The Coastline Promise Program provides benefits like covering your first year’s fees*, textbook vouchers, priority registration, dedicated career planning, free tutoring, and MORE!
While removing the financial burden is key for many students, a unique component of Coastline Promise is the individual guidance each student will receive throughout their first year of college with our services. Eligibility for the program is not dependent on financial need, however, students are required to submit the FAFSA to qualify.
If you will be a 2019 high school graduate, and are seeking a certificate, an associate degree or wanting to complete your transfer requirements – we want you as our Coastline Promise Program scholar. Space is limited. Priority Program application deadline is April 1, 2019.
Who can apply?
Recent high school graduates (Class of 2019) from a California high school are eligible to apply to the Coastline Promise Program.
PRIORITY DEADLINE: April 1, 2019
Applications for the Coastline Promise Program will be accepted on a first-come first-serve basis until the Program reaches capacity.
Get your 1st year tuition fees covered
- Fall and Spring semester only (Summer and Winter Intersession excluded)
Textbook assistance (book vouchers): Receive up to $500-$1,000 textbook vouchers your first year at Coastline (determined by the number of units enrolled in)
- 12+ units - $500 per semester
- 9-11 units - $250 per semester
- Priority for class registration so that you can schedule the classes you need, with the instructors you select, during the semesters and at the hours you prefer
- Enjoy the convenience of having a team of dedicated support: Counseling, Academic Success Coaching, and career advisement
- Free tutoring in selected courses
- Connection with peers on similar paths and timelines
To apply for the Coastline Promise Program, students must:
- You will be graduating from a California high school in Spring 2019.
- Complete the Coastline College application for Fall 2019.
- Complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA or California Dream Act to apply for Financial Aid. Coastline school code: 013536
- Complete online orientation.
- Participate in guided self-placement for English and Math. For more information, visit the Assessment Center web page.
- Develop a comprehensive Student Education Plan (SEP) with a Coastline counselor. For more information, contact the Counseling Office.
Students must complete a 2019-20 Coastline Promise Program application to be considered for the Coastline Promise Program.
How do I apply?
Complete and submit a Coastline Promise Program application.
We are here to help! For more information, please email the Outreach Department.