The purpose of the Coastline Promise is to ensure that recent high school graduates have the best chance of completing a college degree or career and technical education (CTE) certificate by offering financial and academic support in their first year of college. Recent high school graduates from Newport-Mesa, Huntington Beach, and Garden Grove school districts are eligible to apply to the Coastline College Promise.
The College Promise provides students with:
- Per unit fees and health services fees covered for the first year
- Textbook vouchers of up to $1,000 for the first year *
- Priority registration
- Free tutoring services in key courses
- Dedicated counseling, academic success coaches, and career services
To become a part of the College Promise, students must:
- Graduate from Newport-Mesa, Huntington Beach, or Garden Grove high school district during the most recent school year and be a California Resident or qualify as an AB 540 student.
- Complete the Coastline College Promise Student Application. If you are under 18 years old, your parent/guardian signature is also required. Submit the completed forms to the Coastline Community College Outreach Department via mail, email, or in-person.
- Complete the Coastline Community College online application for Fall 2017 via OpenCCC.
- Complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA to apply for Financial Aid. Coastline Community College FAFSA School Code: 013536.
- Complete English and Math Assessment Test
- See a counselor to develop an education plan
DEADLINE: August 1**
*Students will receive textbook vouchers up to $500 if enrolled full-time (12 -15 units/semester) and $250/semester for part-time enrollment. Textbook vouchers will not be available for summer classes.
**Applications will be accepted through the deadline or until the College Promise reaches capacity, whichever occurs first.Download the College Promise Agreement Form