What if we could provide your first year in college – for free? The Coastline Promise Program helps recent high school graduates transition into Coastline College students with financial and academic support. The Coastline Promise Program provides benefits like covering your first year’s fees*, textbook vouchers, priority registration, dedicated career planning, free tutoring, and MORE!
While removing the financial burden is key for many students, a unique component of Coastline Promise is the individual guidance each student will receive throughout their first year of college with our services. Eligibility for the program is not dependent on financial need, however, students are required to apply for Financial Aid to qualify.
If you will be a 2019 high school graduate, and are seeking a certificate, an associate degree or wanting to complete your transfer requirements – we want you as our Coastline Promise Program scholar. Space is limited. Priority Program application deadline is April 1, 2019.
Who can apply?
Recent high school graduates (Class of 2019) from a California high school are eligible to apply to the Coastline Promise Program.
Applications for the Coastline Promise Program will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis until the Program reaches capacity. Don’t miss out on this once in a life-time opportunity to become a Coastline Promise Scholar.
Get your 1st year tuition fees covered
- Fall and Spring semester only (Summer and Winter Intersession excluded)
Receive textbook voucher of up to $1,000 your first year at Coastline (determined by the numbers of units enrolled in)
- 12+ units - $500 per semester
- 9-11 units - $250 per semester
- Priority for class registration so that you can schedule the classes you need, with the instructors you select, during the semesters and at the hours you prefer
- Enjoy the convenience of having a team of dedicated counselors and success coaches.
- Free tutoring
- Connection with peers on similar paths and timelines
- Dedicated Career Services
To apply for the Coastline Promise Program, students must:
- Graduate from a California high school before the start of Fall 2019.
- Complete the Coastline College application for Fall 2019.
- Complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA or California Dream Act to apply for Financial Aid. Coastline school code: 013536
- Complete online orientation.
- Participate in guided self-placement for English and Math. For more information, visit the Assessment Center web page.
- Develop a comprehensive Student Education Plan (SEP) with a Coastline counselor. For more information, contact the Counseling Office.
Students must complete a 2019 Coastline Promise Program application to be considered for the Coastline Promise Program.
How do I apply?
Complete and submit a Coastline Promise Program application.