Degrees - Economics
Economics - Associate of Arts Degree Major
Economics is the study of how effectively society meets its human and material needs. It provides a logical, ordered way of looking at various problems. It draws upon history, philosophy, and mathematics to deal with subjects ranging from how an individual household or business can make sound decisions to societal issues such as unemployment, inflation, and environmental decay. Critical thinking is stressed more in economics than it is in any of the social sciences or in the business department. Economics also stresses computer proficiency and communications skills.
PROGRAM LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply the economic problem of scarcity and how it relates to choice, opportunity cost, and marginal decision making for individuals and society.
- Use supply and demand models to analyze markets, evaluate fluctuations, and determine changes in prices.
- Quantitatively analyze economic activity of individuals, firms, and the public sector.
Requirements for the Major
All courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
Students will complete all of the following:
|ECON C170||Principles of Microeconomics||3.0|
|ECON C175||Principles of Macroeconomics||3.0|
Complete 1 of the following courses:
|MATH C140||Business Calculus||4.0|
|MATH C180||Calculus 1||5.0|
Complete 2 of the following courses:
|ACCT C101||Financial Accounting||4.0|
|ACCT C102||Managerial Accounting||4.0|
|MATH C160||Introduction to Statistics||4.0|
|MATH C185||Calculus 2||5.0|
- ACCT C100 Introduction to Accounting
- MATH C285 Introduction to Linear Algebra and Differential Equations
- BUS C110 Business Law/Legal Environment of Business
- PHIL C115 Logic and Critical Thinking
|Subtotal for Major||18.0-20.0|
|Total for Degree||60.0|
Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure
Use the link below to view Coastline Community Colleges Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure for this program. These reports provide you, the student, with important information regarding the costs, benefits, and potential employment options of our degree and certificate programs.Gainful Employment Disclosure