Degrees - Arts and Humanities
Arts and Humanities - Associate of Arts Degree Area of Emphasis
The Arts and Humanities courses introduce the student to diverse aspects of human life in world cultures. Students will examine the ways that art and culture have influenced history and the ways those decisions affect the way we interact with other people in our everyday lives.
Some university majors within the Arts and Humanities include Art, English, Interior Design, Foreign Languages, History, Linguistics, Literature, Music, Philosophy, Religious Studies, and Theater Arts.
PROGRAM LEVEL STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Evaluate and interpret the ways in which people through the ages in different cultures have responded to themselves and the world around them in artistic and cultural creation.
Requirements for the Degree
All courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
Select at least 18 units from the following courses:
- ART C100, C101, C102, C103, C104, C105, C109, C110, C110A , C110B, C120, C120A, C120B, C121, C122, C122A, C122B, C127, C129, C130, C135, C136, C137, C150, C150A, C150B, C151, C205, C214, C221, C222A, C222B, C224, C224A, C224B, C228, C229, C230, C231, C232, C242, C250A, C250B, C261, C262, C263, C265
- ENGL C111, C140, C143, C144, C145, C146, C150, C155, C181, C270, C275, C296, C297
- HIST C121, C132, C135, C155, C161, C162, C170, C175, C180, C185
- HUM C100, C110, C135
- International Languages (any international language) Maximum of 10 units in one language: C144, C160, C160A, C160B, C165, C165A, C165B, C180, C180A, C180B, C185, C260, C280, C280A, C280B, C285, C285A, C285B
- MUS C100, C103, C130, C131, C139, C143
- PHIL C100, C113, C120
- SIGN C185
- THEA C100, C101, C106, C107
|Subtotal for Area of Emphasis||at least 18.0|
|Total for Degree||60.0|
Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure
Use the link below to view Coastline Community Colleges Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure for this program. These reports provide you, the student, with important information regarding the costs, benefits, and potential employment options of our degree and certificate programs.Gainful Employment Disclosure