Perfect your skills and get certified for a number of high-paying careers.
New Class in FIBER OPTIC CABLING
One of our newest classes, CST 102, FIBER OPTIC CABLING teaches students how to make fiber cables used in telephone systems, the cable TV system, the Internet, medical imaging, or mechanical engineering inspection, just to name a few.
- CST C113 Virtual Software Survey
- CST C161 MS Vista: Installing and Configuring
- CST C184 MS 2008 Active Directory Configuration
- CST C185 MS 2008 Network infrastructure
- CST C217 Call Manager Express
Coastline's IT Department (formerly Computer Services Technology) offers a variety of courses that can lead to certifications in Cisco, Microsoft, CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+. A typical 3-unit class will cost a student approximately $60.00 plus books which, in today's world of $3000-$5000 Boot Camps, is a tremendous value.
With as few as three completed classes, a student can receive a college-issued certificate stating the student has completed a category of related classes and has earned a certificate. This certificate can be shown to a current or prospective employer for career advancement.
Computer Networking Certificate of Achievement (options)
- Computer Networking (Cisco)
- Computer Networking (Microsoft®)
- Computer Networking (Cybersecurity)
Certificates of Accomplishment and Specialization (options)
- Cisco Certified Networking Administrator (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP)
CISCO Regional Networking Academy
Coastline is a Cisco Regional Training Academy, which means the college teaches Cisco classes and trains instructors that teach at other colleges and high schools. Coastline has offered Cisco classes since 1998 and our instructors are not only Cisco Certified but have received rigorous training through the Cisco Networking Academy system.
Some Courses offered:
- CCNA Exploration (v.4.0)
- CCNP v.5.0
- Cisco VoIP (Voice over IP)
- Security classes (CCSP)
- Fiber optic cabling in partnership with Panduit
The Cisco labs have the following equipment:
- Cisco 2800 series routers with VOIP capabilities including CME (Call Manager Express - VOIP) and CUE (Cisco Unity Express - Voicemail)
- Cisco switches ranging from 2900 - 3500 series
- Cisco VOIP phones
- T1 simulators
- Cisco PIX (501 & 515)/ASA (5505 & 5510)
- PSTN simulators (simulate a call coming from/to the telephone company)
The courses offered in this program are designed to provide you with theory and necessary hands-on skills to prepare you to meet the needs of prospective employers. CompTIA certifications include:
Did you know that Microsoft® Windows runs more computers than any other operating system in the world? Coastline's Microsoft® instructors have completed specialized training making them Microsoft Certified Trainers ("MCT").
Coastline is a Microsoft® Training Partner and offers courses leading to many Microsoft® Certifications including:
- Microsoft® Certified Product Specialist (MCPS)
- Microsoft® Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft® Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
All classes include rigorous hands-on training.
Is your computer protected from hackers? Are you safe from Identity Theft? Is everyone in your neighborhood listening to your wireless Internet conversations? Secure your home and office computers and fill the demand at public and private companies to address Internet security concerns in today's world.
Coastline offers a wide variety of Computer/Network Security courses. Hands-on courses include Security Essentials, Ethical Hacking, Wireless Security, Intrusion Detection, and Forensics. These courses can lead to a Certificate of Completion in Cybersecurity as you train to become a network security specialist.
Pearson Vue, Prometric, and Novell Testing Center
Coastline's Garden Grove location now hosts a testing center in the Computer Lab, room 103. Take professional certification exams such as, CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, and Linux in the comfort of our new Testing Center. Students taking networking courses at Coastline can receive a discounted voucher for select CompTIA exams. For more information, please (714) 241-6209, ext. 17324
Did you know that with a certificate in the computer networking field you can find employment as a:
- Network Technician
- Technical Support Specialist
- Help Desk
- Test Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Systems Analyst
- Information Systems Architect
- Systems Integrator
Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure
Use the link below to view Coastline Community Colleges Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure for this program. These reports provide you, the student, with important information regarding the costs, benefits, and potential employment options of our certificate programs.Gainful Employment Disclosure