Coastline Community College CyberSecurity Center
Director: Michael Warner (email@example.com)
The goal of the CAE IA/CD for Two-Year Education program is to proactively increase our understanding of robust IA/CD technology, policy and practices that will enable our Nation to effectively prevent and respond to a catastrophic cyber event. This program will contribute significantly to the advancement of state-of-the-art IA/CD knowledge and practice.
The vision for the CAE2Y program is to:
- Provide programs that commit to excellence in the field of Information Assurance and Cyber Defense education at community and technical college and government training institutions.
- Provide innovative, comprehensive and multidisciplinary education and training in the IA/CD field.
- Strengthen the cybersecurity workforce by providing IA/CD education and training through degree and certification programs at community and technical colleges and government training centers.
- Build an effective education pipeline model with K–12 schools to encourage students at an early age to enter IA/CD fields of study.
- Provide the Nation with a pipeline of qualified students poised to become the future skilled technical workforce.
- Continuously improve the quality of IA/CD programs, curriculum, faculty, students and other institutions.
CyberSecurity consists of security knowledge and skills but also vendor specific and vendor neutral certificates. Coastline Community College provides students with the opportunities to earn a transfer AS-option 1 degree, but also industry specific certifications.
|certificate type||unit requirement|
|AS Degree||60 units|
|Certificates of Specialization||Under 12 Units|
|Certificates of Accomplishment||12 Units and over|
|Certificates of Achievement||18 Units and over|
The following is a list of the faculty/CV that currently are involved in Coastline’s Networking/Security Program with their specializations.
CyberSecurity journals and articles are available through the Coastline Online Library at no charge. Just follow the login instructions on the Online Library link on the Coastline.edu home page. Lists of Professional Journals may be obtained at either the online CyberSecurity Center or the CyberSecurity Center located in the lobby or Transfer Center at the Garden Grove Center. Professional Journals available at the Online Library include:
- Computer Security Digest
- International Journal of Information Security
- Information Systems Security
- Journal of Computer Security
- Information Security Journal: A Global Perspective
- Security Today
- Security Journal
CAE and CAE/2Y Institutions
Four Year National Centers of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense
- California State University, Pomona
- California State University, Sacramento
- California State University, San Bernardino
- University of Illinois, Springfield
Two Year National Centers of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense
Specific IA/Security Scholarships will be posted when available.
Specific IA/Security Jobs will be listed on the Job Board call for current information
(714)241-6209 or Contact the Orange County One Stop Center.
Director of the Center is: Michael Warner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Information Security Officer-Coast District is: Richard Patterson (email@example.com)
Dean for Career and Technical Education is: Nancy Jones (njones@Coastline.edu)