The Student Success Center provides study space and tutoring across disciplines to empower students to dream, to be organized, to learn, to persist, to have a plan, to innovate, and to never give up.
Study Space and Tutors
The Student Success Center has locations at all of Coastline's campuses. We welcome all Coastline students to visit to study, receive assistance from a tutor, and to use our computers and resources to help you achieve your goals at Coastline. We offer the following services:
- Free access to tutors who provide guidance for any assignment in any class in any discipline.
- Tables and desks for individual or group study.
- Internet-connected computers for research, school email, and homework.
- Limited free printing available at Le-Jao, Garden Grove, and Newport.
- Live (e.g,. Skype) and delayed (e.g. email-based) online tutoring. For more information, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Le-Jao, Garden Grove, and Newport campuses offer full-service Success Centers with drop-in tutoring across all disciplines, study space, printing, and computers; individual tutoring is available at College Center (Fountain Valley). Check out our latest schedule for specific hours. We also offer email-based tutoring and appointment-based live online tutoring via Skype. For more information, send a message to email@example.com.
Coastline Military Students
The Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) launched the College Placement Skills Training (CPST) program on 1 October 2013. The CPST serves as a companion tool to the Online Academic Skills Course (OASC) and will assist users in preparing for college by providing a refresher of college algebra and/or English Composition. The CPST can be accessed at www.nelnetsolutions.com/dantes/ and is available to Service members, DoD civilians, and family members to help prepare for college, build academic skills, and prepare for exams such as the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and DSST. Army counselors can access the Press Release via "Education Policy Documents" link within the "Army Education Counselor Communications" link.
Information for Faculty and Staff
- How To Add a Tutor To Seaport
- Instructors who would like to refer students to tutoring at any of the Coastline Student Success Centers (onsite or online) may visit the link below and fill out the Tutoring Referral Form.