Skip Navigation


What is CalWORKs?

The CalWORKs Program stands for “California Work Opportunities & Responsibility to Kids”. Although the federal view of welfare reform has been one of ‘work first’, the state of California recognized that many cash aid recipients would benefit by continuing with their self-initiated education programs. Therefore, during the 48-month (four year) federal time limit, a qualified student-parent may have the opportunity to proceed with education; increase skills and talents; and/or earn a certificate, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, which will ensure the future of self-sufficiency of their family.

The CalWORKs program provides the following services:

  • Case management
  • Intake counseling
  • Individualized academic, vocational, career and personal counseling with a CalWORKs program counselor to develop a long range student educational plan that is personalized for you educational/career goal
  • Advocacy on your behalf with your county case workers
  • Completion and processing of mandatory county paperwork on a monthly basis for participants to sustain supportive services through the county
  • Ancillary support services for assistance with the cost of textbooks
  • Assistance in resume preparation and job interviewing skills
  • Transportation – gas vouchers or bus passes
  • School supplies
  • Referrals to outside agencies
  • Information about special programs

Do I qualify?

You are receiving cash aid assistance, Temporary Aid to Needy Families (TANF), for yourself and at least one dependent child.

You must have approval from your Welfare-to-Work Case Worker and have a signed Welfare-to-Work Plan.

How do I apply?

  1. Apply to Coastline Community College
  2. Submit transcripts and/or placement tests from previous college/universities attended, if applicable , to the Admission Office.
  3. Take the English and math placement tests. Please visit our Assessment Center web page for more information and to schedule appointments.
  4. View the online orientation accessible in MyCCC .
  5. Provide welfare/cash aid verification to the Coastline CalWORKs Office to confirm your active cash aid status.
  6. Complete the CalWORKs orientation (Microsoft Power Point) .


Notice of Action (NOA) to verify your cash aid status

Educational Plan (if you already have one)


Social Services Agencies/CalWORKs

Coastline College Resources

Transfer Center

The Transfer Center has flexible appointment times available in-person, email, and by telephone. Contact us!

The transfer Center Office is located on the 1st Floor of the Garden Grove Center , Room 109.

Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) and Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE)

The EOPS/CARE Office is located on the 4th floor of the College Center .

  • Hours of Operation: Monday - Thursday 8am-5pm; Friday 8am-noon.
  • Phone: (714) 241-6237
Financial Aid Office

The Financial Aid Office is located on the 4th floor of the College Center .

  • Hours of Operation: Monday - Thursday 8am-5pm; Friday 8am-12pm
  • Phone: (714) 241-6239
  • Fax: (714) 241-6312
  • Email:
  • FAFSA School Code: 013536
Career Services Center

Coastline Community College’s Career Services Center assists students in making informed and educated decisions regarding their career goals, as well as with job search and acquisition. Students can obtain labor market information such as current employment statistics, labor force, wages, and outlook.

The Career Services Center is located on the 4th floor of the College Center .

Contact Us

714-546-7600 ext. 16587

Coastline Community College - CalWORKs Program 11460 Warner Ave Fountain Valley, CA 92708

CalWORKs Documents

Subscribe to our Student Newsletter

Monthly updates for all things Coastline!