Costs & Fees

top of content

Enrollment Fee

The cost for California residents is $46 per unit.

Enrollment Fee is subject to change by the State Legislature.

Please explore the links below for other fees and information which may apply.

Health Services Fee

All students enrolling in one or more courses are required to pay the Health Services Fee of $10. This is a mandatory fee unless the student presents a waiver. Students who qualify for a waiver are:

  • Students who depend solely upon prayer for healing in accordance with the teachings of a bona fide religious sect, denomination or organization. Call (714) 241-6176 for information.
  • Students enrolled only in courses of two weeks or less in duration.
  • Students enrolled only in non-credit courses.
  • Students enrolled in an approved Study Abroad program.
  • Students enrolled in an approved apprenticeship training program.

Health Fee Refund Request Form: Health Services Information

College Services Charge

$6 per semester. This charge underwrites many student services, classes and programs. It is not mandatory; however, Coastline Administration and the Associated Student Government (ASG) expect students to support the college by paying the charge. A portion of each $6 charge goes to instructional grants, student scholarships, student support, and graduation related activities. Information about specific programs funded by this charge and requests for waiver of the charge are available and granted only in the Admissions and Records office during the registration period. Waivers must be secured in advance and submitted at the time of a student's initial enrollment.

Non-Resident Tuition – Effective Summer 2016

$211 per unit + $45 per unit Non-Resident Capital Outlay. Students who are not California residents as defined by the Education Code are required to pay the non-resident tuition and the non-resident capital outlay fees in addition to the fees described above.

Please note: it is the student's responsibility to prove that he/she is a California resident.

Tuition Pay (Installment Plan)

Students interested in making payments for tuition and fees, can visit the Tuition Pay website for information on how to sign up for an installment plan. Students who chose to sign up must do so within 48 hours of registration to avoid being dropped from classes. Tuition Pay requires a down payment plus a $25 non-refundable fee per semester. This service is only available for the fall and spring semesters.


Materials Fee

Students may need to purchase materials for classes, as follows:

  1. Required instructional materials of continuing value outside of the classroom must be paid for by the student. These are tangible materials essential to satisfy course objectives, have value to the student outside the classroom, belong to the student and may be taken home. These materials include, but are not limited to, such items as textbooks, workbooks, syllabi, computer discs, tools, uniforms and canvases. They also include materials, such as clay, that are transformed into materials of lasting value. NOTE: Some classes carry a fee for required instructional materials. These fees are for the types of materials described above. When such fees are indicated, the materials for which the fees are levied are supplied at district costs and are sold as a convenience to students. However, students may choose not to pay the fee indicated and provide the materials themselves. Students are warned that they will not be able to complete the requirements of a course if they do not purchase or provide required instructional materials.
  2. Students are advised to provide certain instructional materials of an optional nature. These are materials that enhance a student's learning experience in the classroom, but are not essential to completion of course objectives.

Parking Fees & Information

Click Here to purchase online. Parking Permits are $30 per Fall and Spring Semester, $15 for Summer Session. If you purchase a parking decal, make sure you have it displayed on your vehicle by the end of the second week of the semester. Campus Safety starts ticketing the Monday of the 3rd week (2nd week for the summer term)!.

Parking permits are required at the Newport Beach and Garden Grove Centers. All persons using these lots at any time are required to purchase and display a parking permit. $2 day permits are available at the learning center locations; you can find the daily parking permit machine located in the center of each parking lot at the Newport Beach and Garden Grove Centers. Although the sticker will not guarantee a parking space, it will avoid the possibility of receiving a parking citation.

Coastline parking permits are valid at Golden West and Orange Coast Colleges. Vehicles receiving Coastline citations have the same legal status as parking citations issued by a law enforcement agency in California. For further information regarding these regulations see Parking Regulations, located under "Policies", or contact the Public Safety office at (714) 546-7600, ext. 16120. Now, parking permits may be purchased on-line at

Any checks returned unpaid (stop payment or insufficient funds) do not constitute automatic withdrawal from a class. A check returned from the bank for any reason is subject to a $25 service charge and a hold will be placed on student records for any financial obligation, until the obligation is cleared.

Parking Permits

Parking permits are required at the Newport Beach and Garden Grove Centers.

Please see below for Le Jao Center parking details

Please note the following:

  • Any motorized vehicle requiring registration with the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) must have a current parking permit:
    • affixed to the left rear (driver's side) bumper; or
    • hung, in clear view, from the interior rear view mirror.
  • Motorcycles (mopeds) will have the permit affixed to the left front fork.
  • Vehicles without permits properly displayed will be cited.
  • Vehicles may park only in spaces or areas designated for vehicle parking.
  • Purchase of a parking permit does not guarantee a parking space on campus.
  • Current semester permits are available at registration.
  • Daily parking permits can be obtained from the office at each area site.
  • Coastline parking permits are not valid at Golden West or Orange Coast Colleges

Parking Areas

Designated parking areas are color coded:

  • Yellow: for faculty and staff; permit required
  • White Grid: for motorcycles only; permit required
  • Blue: for handicapped (DMV); permit required
  • Unmarked White Stalls: open for all; permit required

All designated permit parking areas will be enforced Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-10 p.m.

Le-Jao Parking

View Map

Parking permits are now required in designated areas for Le Jao between the hours of 7:00AM and 5:30PM Monday through Friday (please refer to the adjacent image). Designated areas include:

  • City Hall North Parking Lot
    (corner of Westminster Blvd. & All American Way)
    • Spaces 268 - 340
  • Community Services Parking Lot
    (corner of Jackson Street & Westminster Blvd)
    • Spaces 556 - 688

Please note:

  • parking continues to be free to the public after 5:30 p.m.
  • students will continue to be allowed to park in the County Juror Parking Lot at no charge
  • These lots are not monitored by Coastline College Safety Officers they are the responsibility of the City of Westminster
  • If parking permit is not visible on the vehicle citation is issued by the City of Westminster

Responsibilities for Penalties

The registered owner of any vehicle on a Coastline site shall be held responsible for any liability or damage claims including parking or other traffic violation penalties arising in connection with the possession and/or operation of the vehicle on the Coastline site.


Coastline is not responsible and assumes no liability for damage or theft of any vehicle or its contents.

Lost, Stolen, Damaged Permits or Sold Vehicles

Replacement of lost or damaged permits or permits sold with the vehicle will be $15. Stolen permits are to be reported to the Admissions office.

Parking, Traffic Rules and Regulations

Authorization is granted to Coastline Community College Safety/Security from the West Orange County Municipal Court to issue parking citations within the confines of any Coastline Community College site. These parking and traffic rules and regulations will be in effect 24 hours a day.

Parking Regulation/Citation Penalties

Regulation Penalty
/ Bail
103 Unauthorized Use of Permit (stolen/forged/altered) $40.00
208 Overnight Parking $35.00
210 Unauthorized Sales/Distribution $35.00
401 Parked Outside Marked Stall $35.00
402 Parked Overlapping Stalls $35.00
403 Parked on Restricted Area $35.00
404 Parked in Motorcycle/Moped Area $35.00
405 Backed into Diagonal Stall $35.00
406 Parked Blocking Traffic $40.00
407a Parked in Prohibited Parking Zone (i.e. red curb) $40.00
407b Limited Parking Zone Violation(i.e.timed or loading) $35.00
408 Parked Overtime in Visitor Area $35.00
409 Parked in Handicapped Area $250.00
410 Parked in Staff Area $35.00
411 Parked Creating Traffic Hazard $40.00
412 Lack of Visible/Valid Parking Permit $35.00
413 Expired Parking Meter $35.00
414 Parking in Electric Vehicle stall without charging $35.00

Complete copies of the parking regulations can be obtained from the Public Safety office or call (714) 546-7600, ext. 16120 for more information.

Student ID Cards

Students may have their photos taken for a Coastline Community College Student Identification Card as soon as they register, and have paid all of their fees.

Photos are taken in the Admissions and Records Office (located at the College Center) during normal business hours. Students must bring a copy of their current term "student class program" and another form of photo identification (driver's license, passport, etc.).

The CCC Photo ID card will need to be re-validated each semester after you register and pay all fees due.

The cost for the CCC Photo ID card is included in your college fees.

Refund Policy

Due to a change in credit card processors, all students who paid for their courses by credit card prior to Friday, December 11th will have their refunds processed thru Higher One. Our new payment processing vendor does not have access to any transaction data that occurred prior to Friday, December 11th.

In Accordance with California State Regulations and Coast District Policy, registration fees will be refunded according to the following:

Enrollment fees, Non-Resident Fees, Material Fees:
100% refund of fees paid at registration for each class dropped by the refund deadline. No refund will be made after the refund deadline. There are no exceptions.

Health Fee, College Service Charge:
100% of the fees paid at registration will be refunded if the student totally withdraws from all classes by the refund deadline for each class. No refund will be made after the refund deadline. There are no exceptions.

Parking Permit:
Return the parking permit (If purchased) in-person or by mail. The Parking Permit must be postmarked or returned to the Public Safety Office on or before the earliest refund deadline on your official Student Class Program, which is available via the student tab on your MyCCC portal.

To Be Eligible For a Refund:
Students must officially withdraw from classes by the refund deadline (Refer to the Student Class Program/Web Schedule Bill on the Student tab of the MyCCC portal page). It is the student's responsibility to officially withdraw from classes and to verify all withdrawals. An instructor may drop students for non-attendance. Instructors are not responsible for making sure drops are made by the refund deadline. If the student has not been dropped from the class by the instructor, the student is responsible for withdrawing from the class by the refund deadline. Students who are officially enrolled in a class after the refund deadline will not be eligible for a refund. There are no exceptions.

Refund Processing:
Refunds will be automatically processed every week beginning the first week of registration of the semester in which the fees were paid and each week thereafter until the end of the term. Official withdrawals made in accordance with the refund policy and by the withdrawal deadline will generate a credit balance on the student account.

Online Credit Card Payment Refunds:
Registration fee payments made by credit card through MyCCC will be refunded to the same credit card used for payment. Allow 6-10 business days for the refund to post. If the Credit Card used to pay fees is no longer valid, it is the student's responsibility to notify the Admissions and Records Office once the credit has been posted to the student's account and prior to the refund being processed. The refund will be converted to a check refund upon proper notification.

On Campus Payment Refunds:
Fee payments posted on campus, by cash, check, money order or credit card, will be refunded by check and mailed to the mailing address the Admissions and Records Office has on file. It is the responsibility of the student to maintain correct and up-to-date address information. Addresses can be updated on MyCCC, under the Student Tab, and then click on Banner Self Service.

Payments made using multiple payment methods (online credit card payments and cash, check or money order) during the current registration period will be refunded to the credit card used for online payments.

Effective April 1st, 2013
the Coast College District will no longer issue refund checks for registration fees. The refund checks will now be issued through Sallie Mae. Payments made by credit card online via your student portal will continue to be refunded back to your credit card.

Effective August 26, 2013
Refund checks will now be issued and mailed by Higher One Bank.

All enrolled students will receive a packet from Higher One. This will include a Coast Colleges debit card. This card is used to activate your refund preference.

Note: The card is not an active debit card unless a Higher One checking account is opened.

For more information see the Higher One Q&A – section below.

Payments made by credit card online via your student portal will continue to be refunded back to your credit card.

Higher One Q&A

Important information to help you make informed choices about your financial aid disbursements and refunds.

Do I have to use the Higher One MasterCard debit card in order to receive my financial aid or refund?

No! The Higher One MasterCard Debit Card is used for activating a refund preference for Financial Aid Disbursements and/or if you paid your registration fees by cash, check, or in-person credit card transaction and are eligible for a refund. The MasterCard debit card is one option for receiving your financial aid (grants and loans) or refund. There are other options, which include a direct deposit to your existing checking or savings account or a paper check (mailed to you). If you chose to open a checking account with Higher One (fees may apply- See Fee Schedule), your funds will be direct deposited to your account and you will also be able to use the MasterCard you received as a debit card (fees may apply-transactions processed as a swipe and sign do not have a fee) against that account.

Do I have to activate the Higher One card?

Although you must select a refund option through the Higher One website (by entering the debit card number on the Higher One website) in order to receive a refund, you do not have to opt for the Higher One debit card option. You will be offered the disbursement options listed above during the activation process. Log in to to activate your preferred disbursement method.

What happens if I don't log in to activate the card and select a refund/disbursement preference?

If you do not log in and activate your card, Higher One will mail a paper check to you no sooner than 21 days after your refund is disbursed. Regardless of whether you anticipate receiving a refund or not, it is important to activate your refund preference as soon as you receive your card so that you don't have to wait for your money.

What is the OneAccount? Do I need to have one?

After you activate your card online, you will receive an offer for an optional OneAccount bank account. The OneAccount is a bank account relationship between you and Higher One, and NOT managed or operated by the Coast Community College District. If you choose to open an account, please read the terms, conditions, and applicable fee schedule carefully. You do not need to open a Higher One account to receive your disbursement or refund.

Can I use my Higher One Card at any ATM?

Although the Higher One Debit Card can be used at any ATM fees may apply. (See the Fee Schedule for fee information). A fee free (for Higher One card holders) ATM is available on campus at the Garden Grove Center located at 12901 Euclid St., Garden Grove, CA.

What are the fees associated with the Higher One bank account and MasterCard debit card?

Please visit the Higher One schedule of fees page for specific fee information.

How long will it take to receive my funds once I've activated my MasterCard debit card and selected my preferred refund method?

Once the college has disbursed your financial aid funds (see disbursement dates) or your refund (see refund dates), Higher One will distribute your funds as follows:

  • Higher One bank account/MasterCard debit card–same business day
  • Direct deposit to your own checking or savings account–2-3 business days
  • Paper Check–5-7 days

What if I didn't receive the My Coast Colleges Card?

Your My Coast Colleges Card is mailed to the mailing address on file. If you did not receive your card, please verify and/or update your current mailing address on your MySite or come in person to your college's Admissions and Records office.

Please note that students on an F-1 Student Visa and students with an AB540 residency status will not receive the MasterCard debit card in the mail. They will automatically receive paper checks in the mail (if they paid by check or cash and are eligible for a refund).

What if I lost my card or need a replacement?

If you have not activated your card, please verify your current mailing address on your MySite. New cards will be mailed to your current mailing address on file. If you have already activated your card, you can log into and order a new card. It will be mailed to the address that Higher One has on file.

Where can I check to see if my refund or financial aid disbursement is ready?

Let Higher One contact you! Sign up for mobile alerts with Higher One to get a text message whenever refunds are processed or deposited to your account. Don't want a text message? No problem, Higher One can also email you when your refund is processed or distributed.

Can't find your answer here?

Go online to get help. Click on the EasyHelp link at the top of the Schedule of Fees page to find answers to most of your questions or call the Admissions and Records Office at (714) 241-6176 during normal business hours.

All About Coastline

Campus Locations
Privacy Policy
Clery Report
Compliments & Complaints

Coastline Community College
11460 Warner Avenue
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Download Adobe Acrobat
Download Adobe Acrobat