Student's Right to Lodge Complaint:
Excepting for unlawful discrimination complaints, each Coastline Community College student must first follow the Coastline Community College Student Grievance Procedures set forth herein. Upon the student’s completion of the use of these grievance procedures, the student has the right to lodge a complaint with the California Community Colleges State Chancellor’s Office. The student may also lodge a complaint with the College’s accrediting commission, the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, through the State Chancellor’s Office complaint websites below.
If your complaint involves a claim of unlawful discrimination, please refer to the Chancellor’s Office website at:
- Title 5: Explanation of Unlawful Discrimination
- State Chancellor's Office Discrimination Complaint Form
Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
(Western Association of Schools and Colleges)
Military, Veterans, and Dependents
Coastline encourages all students to contact our college first to attempt to resolve any complaints; however, military students, veterans, and their dependents can also seek assistance through the following sources:
- Military Students using TA benefits and Military Dependents using MyCAA may contact the Military OneSource Postsecondary Education Complaint System
- Montgomery or Post 9/11 GI Bill recipients may contact the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Federal financial aid (e.g. Pell Grant) recipients may contact the Department of Education: ComplianceComplaints@ed.gov
- Private student loan recipients may contact the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Out-of-State Students: State Authorization Compliance
Distance students residing outside of California, who wish to file a complaint must first follow Coastline’s internal process. Students may file a formal complaint with their home state authorizing agency after exhausting internal avenues. The following link provides information on state agencies through which a complaint can be filed:
The Coast Community College District (Coastline Community College) has provided this disclosure to you in compliance with the requirements of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, as regulated in CFR 34, Sections 600.9 (b) (3) and 668.43(b).
If you have concern with anything in this disclosure, please notify Coastline Community College at 11460 Warner Avenue, Fountain Valley, CA 92708. This disclosure was last revised on 11-18-2011. Nothing in this disclosure should be construed to limit any right that you may have to take civil or criminal legal action to resolve your complaints.
CCC Student Grievance Procedures (Pre-2011 Rev.)