Online Education Initiative (OEI) Course Exchange
Do you need an Additional Class this term?
Are you having trouble finding the courses you need when you need them?
Are you having trouble enrolling in that one necessary prerequisite class semester after semester?
Would completing that one required class help you to speed up your ability to graduate or transfer?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then you might want to check out opportunities to enroll in online courses across the California Community College system via the OEI Course Exchange .
(Video) Student Guide to the OEI Course Exchange
- Check the list of online courses that may be available to you when you have exhausted the available courses at your college: List of Initial Exchange Courses .
- When you find the class you need, make a note about the title of the course and where it's offered.
- Register for as many of the courses you need at your home college first.
- Look for the Course Exchange Link on the screen when you receive confirmation that you have successfully registered at your home college.
Are you qualified to register in the Exchange?
- You must have completed your college assessment tests and have an electronic education plan on file with your counselor
- You must be enrolled in at least one course at your home college in order to enroll in the Exchange courses.
- You may only enroll in 2 Exchange courses per semester.
For more information, check out the OEI Course Exchange Frequently Asked Questions .
All Exchange courses are fully online. (Although, some online courses may require onsite exams proctored in your area.) If you are not sure that you would be a successful online learner, you can check out some information that is designed to help you determine if you are ready: Online Readiness Tutorials .