Located at the Coastline Garden Grove Center
12901 Euclid Street
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Information Commons Hours
Fall & Spring Semester
- Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Summer Session or Winter Intersession
- Hours vary, please call 714-241-6209 x17318
Proctored Exam Hours (Coastline students only)
Fall, Spring & Summer
- Monday through Thursday: 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Friday 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- To schedule an exam please call 714-241-6209, Ext. 17318 or send an email to email@example.com.
The computer lab provides general support for all currently enrolled Coastline Community College students as well as current faculty and staff. Additionally, there is an instructional associate or lab assistant on site during all open lab hours who can provide general assistance for most students' academic inquiries.
Students come to the lab to:
- Learn how to access and navigate Online courses
- Learn how to access Online resources, such as "My Math Lab"
- Receive assistance on how to navigate Windows, creating and saving files and documents
- Study for a class individually or in groups
- Complete course assignments
- Conduct research, work on projects and class presentations
- Receive tutoring services
- Participate in student centered workshops and seminars
Viewing and Lending Center for Distance Learning
The Information Commons is one of Distance Learning's Viewing Center locations currently enrolled Coastline students may watch instructional video lessons. Generally, video lesson links are provided by the instructor (check course syllabus for specific information about your course); however, if the video link is not available or provided, students' may borrow the lesson CD at the lab. Students provide a Coastline ID or other personal form of identification, in exchange for the DVD lessons. Please note that all video lessons are to remain inside the Information Commons at all times. Duplication of lessons is strictly prohibited.
Also hosted here is the Textbook Reserve Library. Currently enrolled Coastline students may borrow textbooks instructors may have placed on reserve for students' use. To check if a textbook is available, please contact the instructional associate, Iliana Marin at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 714-241-6209, Ext, 17318. To borrow textbooks, students provide a Coastline ID or other personal ID in exchange for the textbook. All textbooks are to remain inside the Information Commons at all times. There is no scanning or photocopying of textbooks allowed due to copyright law requirements. Please contact the librarian, Cheryl Stewart at email@example.com for any questions about the copyrights.
Student Success Tutoring Services
Coastline students can meet with tutors to receive assistance in a variety of subjects. The tutoring schedule for the Garden Grove Information Commons Lab is as follows:
- Writing Tutoring: M 12pm-6pm, Tu 1pm-8pm, W 12pm-6pm
- Math Tutoring: M 12pm-8pm, Tu 2pm-8pm, W 12pm-6pm, Th 12pm-3pm
- Accounting Tutoring: M/Tu/W/Th 2pm-8pm
- Chemistry Tutoring: M 4:30pm-8pm, Tu 2pm-8pm, W/Th 12:30pm-6:30pm
- Physics Tutoring: M 4:30pm-8pm, Tu 2pm-8pm
- Online Tutoring Requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more detailed information, please visit the Student Success Center web page.
Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
During Emergencies the Information Commons, room 103 of the Garden Grove Center, may convert into an EOC hub for Emergency information gathering and distribution.
Note: Coastline is also currently providing Emergency Management courses and a corresponding certificate. Please contact 714-241-6209 or click here for further information.