Education Bound United States (EBUS)
EBUS is an unique U.S. accredited international program designed to offer Coastline College credit courses, English language classes, college counseling and success workshops to foreign students in their own country.
- The ultimate goal of EBUS is to prepare these students for the completion of U.S. College degrees.
- Depending upon the location of the program, EBUS students can be high school age or adults.
As a new EBUS student, you are automatically enrolled in the College Preparation program. During this first step, you will participate in English as a Foreign Language (EFL) training, academic counseling, and U.S. college preparation workshops.
Please be aware that participation in College classes is not guaranteed. Advancement to College coursework is dependent upon each individual student's maturity, motivation, dilligence, and academic progress. Students who do not advance to College coursework still have an opportunity to transfer to the United States by enrolling in the Coastline Community College - English as a Second Language (ESL) Institute.
Benefits of EBUS:
- Cost savings. Students initially remain in native country, allowing time for maturity, and with support of family while taking American accredited college courses by American college instructors.
- Coastline is a regionally (WASC) accredited California community college.
- A carefully guided transition period allowing students time to adjust to higher education and American style of education.
- Intensive English language courses, taught by native English speakers, preparing students for successful completion of college classes.
- Official college transcripts from an accredited California community college.
- Student services, service learning and supportive opportunities that go beyond the classroom and beyond theory by engaging in the real world and solving problems.
- A summer program (EBUS to SEE US) in the US giving students first hand college experience on a university campus.