Faculty Success Center
Coastline's Faculty Success Center will provide:
- Leadership and Support in teaching and learning
- Guidance with exploring innovative teaching strategies in all modalities
- Design, technical and pedogogical support while developing courses
Here is the information you will need to get your course ready in Canvas for the new term.Back to School Information
Canvas - Open Labs and Virtual Zoom Meetings
- Friday, August 19 - 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM Distance Learning, 3rd Floor College Center
- Friday, August 19 - 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM Zoom Virtual Meeting (instructions below)
- Saturday, August 20 - 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM Zoom Virtual Meeting (instructions below)
- Monday, August 22 - 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM Zoom Virtual Meeting (instructions below)
- Tuesday, August 23 - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM Faculty Success Center, Building next to College Center
- Wednesday, August 24 - 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM Zoom Virtual Meeting (instructions below) with Cheryl
- Thursday, August 25 - 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM Faculty Success Center, Building next to College Center
- Saturday, August 27 - 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM Zoom Virtual Meeting (instructions below) with Cheryl
- Monday, August 29 - 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM Zoom Virtual Meeting (instructions below)
FSC Zoom Virtual Meeting Room
Go to the link below. (You may be prompted to download an application in order to run Zoom. Go ahead and do that.)
Join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android: https://cccconfernow.zoom.us/j/5281141397
If your computer has speakers and a microphone (or webcam with a built in microphone), you can talk using the computer’s audio. If not, then you need to use your telephone to talk. Here is the phone information:
Dial: +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 558 8656
Meeting ID: 528 114 1397
If you have a camera connected to your computer, feel free to enable the video feature in Zoom.
Any questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
MyCCC Faculty Manual
Download this document containing information concerning Faculty Admissions & Records procedures
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- New Faculty Resources
Here you will find an array of documents such as policy reporting forms and materials collected from various college departments. (bottom of page)
Canvas Online TEACHING Course
The Faculty Success Center (FSC) is now offering multiple sections of our required "Teaching Online in Canvas" course and will continue through the summer! Beginning in the summer term, courses will ONLY be offered in Canvas. All instructors need to complete the online training and complete the course review process in order to receive an official course shell. In this required 3.5 - 4 week synchronous, facilitated fully online course you will learn how to use Canvas and the importance of the supporting pedagogy and accessibility issues, plus you will build and develop your first course!
Everyone will need to complete the online training. There will be support provided in the FSC although there aren't any face to face training sessions in place of this online course. Please check your Coastline email address for updates during the semester!
Registration is open now! At this time, registration is open for all instructors getting ready to teach in the Fall. Training needs to be completed before the end of May, and all courses submitted for review by June 30th.
Instructional Tools - Course Development
Create awesome ACCESSIBLE instructional materials for use in all courses!
Contact our Accessibility Officer
(email) for more information.
Teaching & Learning Tools
Resources to develop course materials
Lynda.com Learning Lounge
We are pleased to announce that Coastline faculty and staff now have unlimited access to lynda.com through a district-wide license! With this license you can view high-quality instructional videos in the online library and even take short courses with completion certificates available to print. These courses are accessed online and also on a variety of mobile devices. We are confident you will find lynda.com a useful professional development resource.
Login to lynda.com
Using MySites (mycoast.cccd.edu)
- Log in with your school credentials
- Click on the Employee Tab
- Find the "Other Employee Resources" channel (right column)
- Click lynda.com Training Videos
- You will be redirected to lynda.com site
YES!!! Now that you are logged into the lynda.com website:
- Click on your name on the top right menu bar
- Click on My Profile > Edit to change the image etc.
- Click SAVE
Next, Click on Browse Library
Locate the PlayList Center link (right side of the smaller window)
Begin exploring the prebuilt playlists by subject or theme.
Questions? Contact Cheryl Chapman, lynda.com admin email@example.com
Instructional Design Support
Our Instructional Design Professional Team, are credentialed in the field of Instructional Design and Instructional Technology and in partnership with faculty, improve course content quality, using current adult learning pedagogy and increasing student engagement by design, and by integrating technology into the learning experience resulting in improved student success.
Digital Media Den
Need an intro video for your course? Wondering how to capture what you are showing on your computer screen? Would you like to add activities to your course that are interactive and engaging?
Learn how just a few new tools or strategies in your course can really make a difference in your student's learning experience!