In cooperation with Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC), Coastline provides educational and outreach services to military servicemembers allowing them to earn their A.A. degree.
A.A. degree options with emphasis areas corresponding to military occupational specialties are described more fully on the Option I—Distance Learning A.A. Degree Plan Designed for the Military Services page. These specialized degrees and others under development have applicability to servicemembers in all branches of the armed services.
Coastline's technology-delivered, fee-based, distance education programs provide active duty servicemembers, reservists, veterans, and even military dependents the opportunity to pursue a college education from virtually any national or international location.
Coastline's Military Program is committed to providing specialized services to military students, including:
- Credit awarded for military training and experience as recommended by the American Council on Education
- Occupationally-related A.A. degree programs as well as transfer programs
- Courses delivered by Internet, CD-ROM, independent study labs, incorporating text materials, instructor contact, assignments and proctored exams
- Courses offered in convenient 8-week sessions, five times a year
- Transfer of course credits from other regionally accredited institutions; guaranteed course transferability with SOC network institutions
- SOC Student Agreements and Degree Roadmaps to promote degree completion
- Helpful counselors and student services staff specifically dedicated to military students
Coastline's military educational outreach programs include Army University Access On-Line (eArmyU), the Navy Program for Afloat College Education (NCPACE), Navy College Program Distance Learning Partnership Program (NCPDLP) and partnerships with the Army National Guard and the U.S. Coast Guard whereby colleges such as Coastline have been selected to provide occupationally-related A.A. degrees. These existing programs provide an overall structure of degree content, course delivery and military student services that serve as the general framework to provide similar programs and services to other constituencies in all the military when requested to do so.
Course enrollment fees currently range from $110 to $150 per semester hour, depending on service contract, delivery methods, and services provided. For more information about Coastline's fee-based, military educational outreach programs, go to the Military Program Web site (http://military.coastline.edu/) or call toll-free (866) 4CCC-MIL (422-2645) or locally (714) 241-6326.